Thread: IP Spoof Issue. Please help!

Urgent

Hello,

I am new to this forum, so pre-emptive apologies if this is a repeat post or if this is not the right place.

I have been using Limewire Pro for quite sometime now, without any issues. However, recently I have started noticing a strange behaviour. Everytime I start limewire I start seeing thousands of IP spoof security logs (UDP floods as well) in my wireless router's security log. I have tried switching routers, ran virus scans, spyware scans (adware, S & D), nothing seems to work. When this happens, basically there is a denial of service from the router and none of the machines in my network can connect to the internet. I tried with a different P2p client like BitComet and the same thing happend!

What could be causing this. I am not even sure if this is a Limewire problem since it happenend with BitComet as well.

Has anyone seen this? Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    pimply's Avatar $nipa
    i know the problum, after useing limewire for a period of time, the government detects u and sends an almost unremoving virus to your computer to track u down. its what i heard, dont take it from me tho,

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i think i know the solution. i just can't remember the name

peer guardian or something... http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...rdian-Pr.shtml ???

i've never had to use this, but what i think it does is blocks IPs from governments, film studios, griefers etc...

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks!

I installed PeerGuardian and looks like it fixed the problem. I will monitor it for another 24 hrs.

When limewire started it blocked TCP connections from Savvis, Comverse, netiq, vernet and some school sites. Do any of these look suspicious?

Thanks again for the help!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I think Comverse is bad. I ALWAYS use Peerguardian, great program protects your privacy and all that.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    ip spoof....well try linux....it has alot of tools for thaht kind of job

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    a lot of experience is needed for linux so using peerguardian for windows works just fine for the most of us

Quote Originally Posted by sick13
    ip spoof....well try linux....it has alot of tools for thaht kind of job

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    yep i use it and it works a treat its a must wit p2p and torrents

9. File Sharing   -   #9

Urgent

Well looks like the problem is back even if I have peerg running and the block list are updated everyday. Any ideas will be appreciated.
    Last edited by sandhusingh; 04-07-2006 at 02:10 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    PeerGuardian is porbs the best tool to use for not sure wat else u can use to help ya