Thread: Good places to get XP themes and such?

Filliz's Avatar ______________
    If you know of good places to get nice and clean themes for XP....
    Just wondering what the best places are to get these.

Also, if you have a nice recommendation for a theme...post it.

I'm currently using the Ashen theme but I'm a bit bored with it and it also messes up the lay-out of some app settings (like Firefox options for example).

hmm...asspie

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Found me a nice Visual Style on DeviantArt (XPMC) but if you got other good Visual Styles you can put them here.

Also,I was wondering if there are any free alternatives to Iconpackager?
    I've got that on my pc already but I'm still wondering if there are free tools available out there that basicly do the same.

hmm...asspie

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz

I'm currently using the Ashen theme but I'm a bit bored with it and it also messes up the lay-out of some app settings (like Firefox options for example).
    do you mean aston by any chance? if not, you might try that- just search for it on google. I'm running that right now. aston is a shell swapper- it turns of explorer and runs aston in it's place, plus aston uses about 5000kb where as explorer uses 28000kb, so it uses a little less memory. Xp with aston looks compleatly different from even most themes- a lot of people ask me if it is lunix. the site also has a considerable number of plugins and themes to customize it. it works pretty nice.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ThemeXP.org is good..but you gotta install some sponsor bullshyte everytime you want something.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    aqua-soft.org
    neowin.net

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    ThemeXP.org is good..but you gotta install some sponsor bullshyte everytime you want something.
    sounds like spyware

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmight
    Quote Originally Posted by iMartin
    sounds like spyware
    It is! Just block it with a Firewall, then uninstall from Add/Remove Programs...then there maybe folders left behind...

Really to me, they are just not worth it.

Crystal XP.net <----Vista Inspirat Theme! It changes system files though...I've suffered no damage though, been using it since January. Might have to refresh your folder images thats all.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz

do you mean aston by any chance? if not, you might try that- just search for it on google. I'm running that right now. aston is a shell swapper- it turns of explorer and runs aston in it's place, plus aston uses about 5000kb where as explorer uses 28000kb, so it uses a little less memory. Xp with aston looks compleatly different from even most themes- a lot of people ask me if it is lunix. the site also has a considerable number of plugins and themes to customize it. it works pretty nice.
    No I mean Ashen
    And I use Xpize to give my XP a different look.
    It also fixes the .dll so I can add as many themes as I want without having to install StyleXP or anything like that.

You might want to do a back up first before installing it though because the first time I did it it kinda screwed up some other dll's making it so that I couldn't view page sources in Opera for instance.Other then that, a great software.

And thanks all for the suggestions.

hmm...asspie