Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awww Damn.....

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'm watching channel 7 news (WJLA) and I see a story about well....here it is. I found it on the web....

Indictment in Oprah Ticket 'Scam'
    Monday February 20, 2006 4:08pm

Upper Marlboro, Md. (AP) - They thought they were going to see Oprah, but wound up going nowhere. Now, a Temple Hills man is under indictment on charges he stole money from elderly women who thought they'd get tickets to the popular talk show.

According to prosecutors, Terrance Hawkins ran companies known as "Royal Stages Travel Group" and "Royal Travel." He allegedly claimed to offer tickets to the "Oprah Winfrey Show," and a bus ride to Chicago, where the program is taped.

Officials say Hawkins charged $500 a head. With as many as 70 alleged victims, State's Attorney Glenn Ivey says Hawkins may have pocketed upward of $35,000.

Hawkins is now under indictment on 17 counts of theft. A conviction could bring 15 years behind bars.
    I know this guy. I knew him as "Hawk" and played basketball against him a number of times. He had a fleet of buses and did trips to Atlantic City.

He's partially the reason I tore my ACL in my right knee (never surgered). I was checking him in a game (30 and over night about 9 years ago) and this real tall fella (about 6'9") on his team set a pick on me and my right knee twisted. I was taken away in an ambulance.

Many folk have used him for trips around here and he was a cool dude.

The story I saw on channel 7 said that ABC News was following him for A YEAR. They had hidden camera footage of him gambling in West Virginia while he owed teh ladies their money back. A number of officers arrested him at his apartment with cameras rolling and reporters in his face. They even showed him being confronted by the same reporter about a year ago. Today the reporter even said, "Mr. Hawkins, remember me?"

Damn shame.

Looks like I'ma hafta make some calls to the fellas to let them know the news. I was just playing against him early last year. He could jump out the gym and he was over 40.

Looks like he'll be going away for a long time. The story said he bilked over $35,000 with 70 victims.

Wtf was he thinking? He only repaid a small number of them back.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-21-2006 at 01:06 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #2
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I gues thats pretty cool, knowing a hardcore thief

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    He scammed old ladies and now he could be going to jail? Good.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    No. That fact is old news.

It's not cool he did that shit.

I remember another fellas I played basketball with was on camera 'cause the police were doing a sting on fellas who hadn't paid their child support.

I saw him being taken outta the house at night, handcuffed and with face right in the camera.

When I saw him later on the court, he didn't wanna talk about it 'cause of embarassment. He didn't seem embarassed when he had the handcuffs on.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-21-2006 at 01:07 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    He scammed old ladies and now he could be going to jail? Good.
    ....and he played a part in my first knee injury.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

I remember I another I play basketball with was on camera 'cause the police were doing a sting on fellas who hadn't paid their child support.

I saw him being taken outta the house at night, handcuffed and with face right in the camera.

When I saw him later on the court, he didn't wanna talk about it 'cause of embarassment. He didn't seem embarassed when he had the handcuffs on.

grammatical error here:

I remember I another I play
    I dont think we have child support here

7. Lounge   -   #7

I remember I another I play basketball with was on camera 'cause the police were doing a sting on fellas who hadn't paid their child support.

grammatical error here:

I'm actually typing in Word and helping start up the Finding Nemo game for my little girl. I really need to do one thing ata time.

Some of our child support laws are unfair but in most cases the guys are fuck up deadbeat dads. The law does more good then bad but it could use some tweaking.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-21-2006 at 01:11 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi

grammatical error here:

To be honest, I think making up words like 'surgered' is just as bad as what you've pointed out.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

grammatical error here:

To be honest, I think making up words like 'surgered' is just as bad as what you've pointed out.
    No worse than feck.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    channel 7
    seven channels, you wacky merkins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast