Thread: Problem with rom drives

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I cant seem to use either of my rom drives to read discs. Keeping getting the message the drive needs to be formattted. They seem ok in device manager with dma enabled yet when i test with nero i get seek error. I think it may be something to with drivers conflict as i cant seem to mount deamon tools either.Not sure how to go about soughting this out so if anyone could help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    The first thing I would try is to go into Device Manager and select uninstall drivers for each of your rom drives and then restart your PC so windows can reinstall them. Don't mess with the Daemon tools virtual drive at first because uninstalling its drivers can cause reinstallation problems. If you remember when you first installed Daemon tools it assigned two things a miniport347 or something like that and another I can't recall. If you uninstall them you could have trouble getting daemon tools to work again. I know I had to reformat once after uninstalling daemon tools so if you decide to try it make sure you create a restore point first.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I cant uninstall drivers as it only lets me update drivers so instead i tried uninstalling both drives but after rebooting they appear in my computer as if they werent deleted at all, the only change being that in device manger they are disabled now.

my setup is as follows:
    primary ide: hard drive
    Secondary drive: both roms (master and slave)

This has been working before but was wondering if i should uninstall both roms and try attaching one to primary ide as slave, would that work?
    Last edited by shazzar; 02-23-2006 at 02:45 PM.