Thread: Do You Need Half Life To Play Counters Strike

Proffesional Dumbass
    Do You Need Half life to play Counters Strike?

2. Games   -   #2
    There is two ways to play counter-strike:
    1. You already own Half-Life and have it installed, and you download the mod version of CS and use the Half-Life CD-key.
    2. You buy the retail version of CS that comes with its own CD-key.

So its up to you whether you need HL.

3. Games   -   #3
    Proffesional Dumbass
    do u have a hash for the retail version?

4. Games   -   #4
    no, i dont... but the thing is, you need a valid CD-key to play online. And CS is an online only game. So you might as well fork down the 20 bucks it costs. It is definately worth it.

5. Games   -   #5
    Proffesional Dumbass
    thanks ill probally do that

6. Games   -   #6
    hes right...Sierra and Valve use WON which is an online authentication of the CD key through a unique WON ID that comes from the cd key, if any other person is using the same WON ID at the same time it boots you off the game and that leads to the reason the cd key gens won't work becuase so many people are already using them. I used to use some of my friends cd keys but got tired of being booted off the game when they played so i went onto yahoo auctions and got Half life for 10$ and got a cd key! Happy gaming

7. Games   -   #7
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    CS is definately one of the few games worth a purchase, especially at its current price, which it can be had very cheap.

I bought half life, and played the mod, for free of course, and when it when retail, i even bought it, just to support the developers, cuz its such a great game.