Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norton systemworks premier subscription expiered

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    NOD32 Pwns Norton...stay with NOD32.
    Maybe so but that's only an Antivirus. I really like Norton Personal Firewall for blocking outbound communication.

Does anyone know of a simple firewall that asks when a new program tries to communicate with the internet and can let the user block or allow outbound communication? I really don't need much for inbound protection because I use a hardware firewall for that.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Vb ,Look ''N" Stop is one I liked before I D/L 'd your link to Symantec Client .

http://www.looknstop.com/En/index2.htm

I was thinking after you used the Norton uninstall tool have you tryed a heavy duty regcleaner ? Amazing what you find !
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-26-2006 at 06:31 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Maybe so but that's only an Antivirus. I really like Norton Personal Firewall for blocking outbound communication.
    Yeah the worm protection was nice cuz it blocked incomming things like instrution attempts, and it also has msn scanning... feck why did they have to screw us over

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    bump... has anyone figured out a fix for this and systemworks 2006 this is the 3rd time its bugged out on me, but i have an image right after i installed it so i just reformat to that point and its happy for another 3 months

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    I am currently temporarely running on xp's firewall...

Any turnaround for this activation crackdown yet?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why not just use a Corporate version like Symantec Client Security ? Never have to worry about program expiring .

Have recomended myself many times and linked from two very good members as VB and Izzy .

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=103138
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-15-2006 at 05:53 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› BT Rep: +1
    Does anyone know of a simple firewall that asks when a new program tries to communicate with the internet and can let the user block or allow outbound communication? I really don't need much for inbound protection because I use a hardware firewall for that.
    ZoneAlarm.

Last edited by Nickthestick91; 04-15-2006 at 07:22 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Why not just use a Corporate version like Symantec Client Security ? Never have to worry about program expiring .

Have recomended myself many times and linked from two very good members as VB and Izzy .

Well thats a recommendation, thanks, but still not a solution to the subscription expiry crackdown...anyone?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

Well thats an alternative (thanks) but still not a solution to the crackdown...anyone?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickthestick91
    ZoneAlarm.

Right. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast