Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rambo Granny of Melbourne, Australia

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Since it's been established that vid's post was a what-if scenario really having nothing to do with Granny anymore and simply serving as a segway to the question at hand, we will assume that you cannot answer or will not answer. Oh that's right you need an actual question and question mark.

Oh, FFS-

Vid magically concocts a question that doesn't exist, and you somehow divine that he has indeed asked a question, and presume to demand an answer?

How many mushrooms did you take?
    Stop smoking crack.

There doesn't need to be a question for there to be a reply to what a post was about.

You should know that, cut-and-paste boy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by hamm
    While I realize HMPLs post compares apples to cucumbers, I still don't believe Granny should get off without punishment.

After all, it's not as if she herself was the victim of the rapists - in which case I could possibly empathise a little more. But going off half-cocked <pun> and shooting her adult granddaughter's attackers was in no way justified.

She should have let the authorities handle the situation.
    Well, as I said, I believe she should be punished too.

I also said I'd be hard-put to avoid a large grin if they gave her a miss.
    Riiight, condoning it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

Well, as I said, I believe she should be punished too.

I also said I'd be hard-put to avoid a large grin if they gave her a miss.
    Riiight, condoning it.
    Sometimes standing on principle leads to such conflicts, but I'm sure you are not aware of this, practicing as you do the art of non-principled, bendo-flexy, "independent", thinking.

Oh, yeah-
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    hamm's Avatar evil piggy
    Sometimes standing on principle leads to such conflicts, but I'm sure you are not aware of this, practicing as you do the art of non-principled, bendo-flexy, "independent", thinking.
    Whoa... major Gumby flashback going off in my head.

Note: Bonus points for the fact that he's holding a rod.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by hamm
    Whoa... major Gumby flashback going off in my head.

Note: Bonus points for the fact that he's holding a rod.
    But a minor penalty for holding the rod incorrectly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Did none of you fools think to check up on this story before you posted these libelous comments about me?

Have you never heard of the term Urban Legend?

We've not been able to find any record of the grandmother or the suspects. The folks at the Darwin Awards have listed this story as an urban legend. A man from the Office of Public Prosecutions in Australia wrote to the Darwin Awards saying he's searched the records and found nothing about the two suspects or the granny

I guess you can be partly forgiven for your ignorance about Australia, after all, how could you know that we don't have 'Skid Rows' here, that's a US institution, Australia is a welfare state. We also don't have car jackings, that's a South African sport.

But surely you cannot be forgiven for missing the glaring clues; I walked through the streets at night with a sketch and recognised the rapist, took his photo and showed it to my granddaughter? Do me a favour. And the investigator's name was Evan Delp?

Remember in future, Google is your friend, until you believe everything it tells you.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle
    Did none of you fools think to check up on this story before you posted these libelous comments about me?

We've not been able to find any record of the grandmother or the suspects. The folks at the Darwin Awards have listed this story as an urban legend. A man from the Office of Public Prosecutions in Australia wrote to the Darwin Awards saying he's searched the records and found nothing about the two suspects or the granny

I guess you can be partly forgiven for your ignorance about Australia, after all, how could you know that we don't have 'Skid Rows' here, that's a US institution, Australia is a welfare state. We also don't have car jackings, that's a South African sport.

But surely you cannot be forgiven for missing the glaring clues; I walked through the streets at night with a sketch and recognised the rapist, took his photo and showed it to my granddaughter? Do me a favour. And the investigator's name was Evan Delp?

Remember in future, Google is your friend, until you believe everything it tells you.
    I've known for sometime but it's no fun letting the cat out of the bag all the time, Grambo.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    this story reminded me a lot of the ruth gordon character in clint eastwood's "every which way but loose." for those who are unfamiliar: it's a comedy about a trucker who fights for money in bare-knuckle competitions, owns an orangutan, and has a number of oddball friends and enemies. (yes, the tv series bj & the bear basically ripped this off.) one of these friends has a mother (ruth gordon) who enjoys firing her shotgun at a gang of misbehavin' bikers.

why doesn't australia have more guns?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi

I've known for sometime but it's no fun letting the cat out of the bag all the time, Grambo.
    Of course you did.

/me pats Busyman's head in the most condescending manner possible.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

Great first post, Ava.

I am disheartened to see our penchant for car-jackings is not exclusive; of course, I felt that way about "necklacing" too.

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast