Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: This massive influx of new members...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Why shouldn't an unlimited number of people be allowed to marry one another (polygamy) in various configurations?
    I grew up near a fundementalest Mormon community that practiced Polygamy. I have a lot of friends that have five moms and 50 brothers and sisters. that community is screwed up for other reasons, but polygamy doesn't seem to have affected them much. not saying I'm supporting it, more that I am indifferent on that.
    Yeah I don't think a homosexual or polygamist is any worse a person than anyone else.

I don't know any polygamists and don't have any homosexual friends but have been cool with some homosexual coworkers. One I was cool with until an ex-girlfriend of mine told me that he really liked me and then I really didn't want deal with him anymore. It was a "hi, what's goin on?, see ya later" typa thang after that. Me and one of my friends worked at the phone company and knew he was gay...flaming gay...but it's not like came at us talkin' about his love life or anything.

He was cool. He was even in a movie called "Paris Is Burning" (some gay documentary). My ex used to live with him before we got together and after we were together, she told me some wild shit about how he hated that I was running through all the women in the office and that he was describing all the stuff he wanted to do..... It was more graphic than I even wanna say 'cause I'll yack. At that time he had left to go to another job in another state.

Years later he apparently moved back down here and came up to my office and invited me to lunch. However, after hearing what my ex said (and it was years at this time), it was that stereotypical "this motherfuckers probably looking at my ass" stuff so I just said I was busy and was real polite about it.

I won't say that I can never have a male gay friend but I'm thinking that the same feeling I would have toward a female, he may feel toward me while I'm just thinking of him as one of the fellas. I understand people will feel how they feel but if it's a dude, I don't wanna know about it.

Doesn't quite work.

Back to the polygamy thing...that seems like that's seriously concentrated in the Midwest.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-01-2006 at 08:13 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer

Back to the polygamy thing...that seems like that's seriously concentrated in the Midwest.
    I don't know about that, the only places I have heard of it are Pinesdale MT and Utah.

as for the same sex marriage, I could really care less, as it doesn't really affect me. let them do what they want. I am not going to get in their way, and I am not going to go out of my way to help them out. if it was on a ballot, yes or no, allow or disallow, I would probably vote to allow it just because I have no reason to vote to disallow it.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

3. The Drawing Room   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv

I don't know about that, the only places I have heard of it are Pinesdale MT and Utah.

as for the same sex marriage, I could really care less, as it doesn't really affect me. let them do what they want. I am not going to get in their way, and I am not going to go out of my way to help them out. if it was on a ballot, yes or no, allow or disallow, I would probably vote to allow it just because I have no reason to vote to disallow it.
    Sounds like you'd feel the same about polygamy and prostitution then.

I understand the logic.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345