Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sorry... reallly sorry to do this

no im not firewalled, and it doesnt matter what type of files i dowload (usually i download iso's and img files around 4.5 gigs)
    the torrent im trying to get now is a season of a tv show that i cant find anywhere else. its 9 gigs. at this rate ill get it in 43 weeks, which i am prepared to do, lol.... but id like to speed it up.
    im gonna try that registry mechanic, and try using azureus again.

thanks for you quick replys!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorce
    Try turning on transport encryption. It could be that your ISP is throttling bittorrent packets. Note this will only work with other users who have encryption enabled but it may help a bit. I know Azureus has this feature, not sure about uTorrent.
    My thought also at this point take a look at this...
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showt...64#post1271264

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    thanks for all your suggestions and quick replys.
    its usually iso's and img files i download asround 4 gigs.
    right now im trying to download a tv season in mpegs. its 7 gigs
    its goonna take me 44 weeks at 4k/s
    but i will wait it out i want it so bad.
    but i would like to speed it up, plus im gonna want other torrents in the future

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by paul warner
    thanks for all your suggestions and quick replys.
    its usually iso's and img files i download asround 4 gigs.
    right now im trying to download a tv season in mpegs. its 7 gigs
    its goonna take me 44 weeks at 4k/s
    but i will wait it out i want it so bad.
    but i would like to speed it up, plus im gonna want other torrents in the future
    How many seeds and leeches are there?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    transport encryption didnt help and niether did registry mechanic.
    there are 20 peers in the swarm, and 2 seeders.
    i know its not much but i used to be getting at least 80k/s in the same situation. Now, azureus says im getting it at 440 bytes/s.
    this is crazy!!!

azureus says the nat test is ok, and the smiley face is green.

im no novice at bittorrent, id been using it for 2 years before this happened.

this is no simple problem like im not uploading enough, or the swarm is small.
    this has something to do with the way im connected. it happened out of the blue, its crazy!!!

i swear to god if its my isp, im gonna call them up and threaten to cut off my connection.... sign up with another service. which is a pain id not like to go through with, if it even is the problem.

i just know there is somebody out there using bitcomet who can see me in his peer list, and sees that im not even getting 1 kilobyte a second.
    i bet he's laughing at me right now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    transport encryption didnt help and niether did registry mechanic.
    there are 20 peers in the swarm, and 2 seeders.
    i know its not much but i used to be getting at least 80k/s in the same situation. Now, azureus says im getting it at 440 bytes/s.
    this is crazy!!!

azureus says the nat test is ok, and the smiley face is green.

im no novice at bittorrent, id been using it for 2 years before this happened.

this is no simple problem like im not uploading enough, or the swarm is small.
    this has something to do with the way im connected. it happened out of the blue, its crazy!!!

i swear to god if its my isp, im gonna call them up and threaten to cut off my connection.... sign up with another service. which is a pain id not like to go through with, if it even is the problem.

i just know there is somebody out there using bitcomet who can see me in his peer list, and sees that im not even getting 1 kilobyte a second.
    i bet he's laughing at me right now.
    Ok, pick another torrent that has plenty of seeds and see what your speed is on that one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    2 seeds with 20 leachers? Its most likely the torrent. I would try some other torrent just to check if its a bit torrent problem.. Otherwize, it could be you just have a shitty swarm to deal with.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    i did try a reaaally popular torrent. some episode of "lost" that had like 5000 seeds. i got it super quick, but only because 5000 seeders were giving it to me. im still getting 3-5k on regular torrents. its insane.

i notice that when my speed bursts to 45k for like 10 seconds... 44 of those k are coming from one peer.

also whenever i start the torrent it starts with a burst. it'll go:

1k..4k..5k..10k..43k... then shoot down to 2k and stay there forever.

the average speed on the torrent im getting now is 41k and im at 2!

i receieve fine from seeders... but not from leechers like me

its almost as if my computer wont let me upload and thats why no one is able to share with me

does that make any sense?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    i did try a reaaally popular torrent. some episode of "lost" that had like 5000 seeds. i got it super quick, but only because 5000 seeders were giving it to me. im still getting 3-5k on regular torrents. its insane.

i notice that when my speed bursts to 45k for like 10 seconds... 44 of those k are coming from one peer.

also whenever i start the torrent it starts with a burst. it'll go:

1k..4k..5k..10k..43k... then shoot down to 2k and stay there forever.

the average speed on the torrent im getting now is 41k and im at 2!

i receieve fine from seeders... but not from leechers like me

its almost as if my computer wont let me upload and thats why no one is able to share with me

does that make any sense?
    It's the torrent, get yourself onto a private site and you'll see much better speeds.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    ok, ill try other sites... but ive heard for private sites you need an invite or something

thanks for your help, i really appreciated it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast