Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sorry... reallly sorry to do this

dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by paul warner
    ok, ill try other sites... but ive heard for private sites you need an invite or something

thanks for your help, i really appreciated it
    Try the invite section on here, but read the rules first.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    i just paid a phone call to my internet service rogers high speed
    it seems that they were the ones who were "limiting" my download speed.
    this is outragous. i threatened to cancel my service, and they still wouldnt take off the limit. No word of a lie they said to me over the phone that they purposefully limit p2p programs like BT so that traffic for them is much smoother, and everyone can access the internet fairly.

the guy i complained to was actually quite nice, even sympathetic. he told me that their "limits" are geared towards only certain p2p programs. im guessing these are the big ones like azureus, bitcomet, and abc, the ones i used.

i cant cancel my service i signed a 2 year contract to save money for all 3 services i was getting, tv, internet and phone.

so im trying to find a client that is lesser known.

any ideas?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Some of the Private trackers have addressed this problem and have a fix for it. A special torrent file to use which makes it somehow work.. I am sure that there are competing ISP's in your market reasearch and find a new one.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Using a different port and having encryption turned on should make it so that your ISP can't limit you.

However from my understanding in order for encryption to work both sides must have it turned on. I look for it to start being enabled by default in later versions of programs but for right now it's more or less a spread the word type deal to get people to enable it.

The fact you got good download speeds from the torrent with 5000 peers means that they aren't throttling it too much or you were getting connections with people who have encryption on. It still sounds to me like you are on a slow torrent. Just curious what is your completed % on the torrent and what are the other peers at. If you are all the same or real close it means the seeds are just slow and it will take a while to get the files.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Try the VoIP port (1720), combined with RC4 encoding in your Azureus settings.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsk
    Try the VoIP port (1720), combined with RC4 encoding in your Azureus settings.
    You might also try to change your MAC address; you might be blacklisted .

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Try downloading from demonoid and using the udp torrent files instead of http, or vice versa. That if a messed up prob. Rogers you say
    Last edited by Detale; 03-01-2006 at 04:11 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    There is a great article on this subject, and I hope im not breaking any rules by posting this link.
    Here

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    thanks for all the suggestions!

dlsk's first suggestion has helped a lot. using azureus thorught port 1720, and the RC4 encryption, im getting an average of 9k/s which is at least better. thank you.

what is a mac address, and if i am blacklisted, how would i change it?
    also, do you need an invite for demonoid too?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    udp torrents? where can i find those?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast