Thread: Please Explain

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    By what standard would we describe someone with A Bachelor’s Degree in History from Yale University and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School, stupid, dumb or unintelligent.

Have I stumbled across a forum of giant brains and they are just too subtle for me to realize what's going on.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    sometimes people can be too smart for their own good.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    By what standard would we describe someone with A Bachelor’s Degree in History from Yale University and a Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School, stupid, dumb or unintelligent.

Have I stumbled across a forum of giant brains and they are just too subtle for me to realize what's going on.
    I will say that I don't care who it is, or what degree they have achieved, when they do stupid things, I consider them stupid. to me, even if someone dropped out of highschool, if most of the things that I hear them say are smart, I consider them smart. the same applies to those that are stupid- I don't really care what degree someone has achived when compairing intellegences after I have heard some of the stuff they have to say. yes, it is true that on paper, multiable degrees and what not looks good. at the same time, dropping out of highschool looks bad. if I was hiring for a job, I would be more likely to consider a college graduate over a dropout, because for the most part, the college graduates are smarter than the dropouts. however, that isn't always the case.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Perhaps he or she realized that a history degree doesn't pay well (in most cases) even in the Ivy league. It could be worse...it could be a PHD in Philosophy (AKA bull-shitter)!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    How true. history is a good base for law though
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    History is a good base for everything.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    senile

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Poster
    imho, stupid 'actions' do not always mean stupid people. So in asking about 'standards' of judging, JPaul, I guess I always think of it as a stupid 'action' not a stupid person. Unless 'stupid statements or actions repeatedly come out of one person, in which case my thinking of that person may change a bit.

Maybe there is a bit of my trying to salvage myself in the above statement.

I don't know of any human being who has not done or said stupid things, degree or not. However, one man's stupid is another man's brilliance. And we all have varying beliefs with which we make these judgements on. (It is kind of like our own history degree in our experiences in our own life)

But then you already know that, Sir. And I am just rambling.

All kind of history is important.
    Last edited by Everose; 04-09-2006 at 11:14 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Hello Rose

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Poster
    Hi Wize'N