Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't buy an HDTV just yet

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Highly Defined TeleVision.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    no, simpoly something that hopefully would distract you from realizing that i have now clue what a hdtv is.
    Basically it's the sharpest TV picture being broadcast right now.

It started in Japan, the US then jumped on the bandwagon, and it's spreading further.

It will eventually totally supplant our NTSC signal and I guess the PAL signal as well.

Sounds like one digital standard for TV.

Terminator 2?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-02-2006 at 10:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #23
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    thanks for explantation but are not all new tv better than the next?
    my question is,
    Do commercials look better on hdtv? ( plus a surround sound blasting - a washing powder commercial etc)
    if so
    fuk dat shit
    Last edited by 100%; 03-02-2006 at 09:36 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    my question is,
    Do commercials look better on hdtv? ( plus a surround sound blasting - a washing powder commercial etc)
    if so
    fuk dat shit
    I saw one being demonstrated on the telly. It looked pretty much the same to me. I don't think it's worth buying it, but maybe it'll get better.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    my question is,
    if so
    fuk dat shit
    HDTV looks wayyyyy better than regular TV. It's wayyy better than DVD.

Funny enough the commercials are not in HD.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #26
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Why the hell would you be using sub par analog connectors on a HDTV in the first place? May as well take it back and buy a SDTV if you are going to do that.

BTW Busy, you know you can pull in over the air HD channels as well right? Here in Austin, we already have 6 channels broadcast over the air (just need a HD capable antennea) with a 7th soon starting. Looks like 8 are available in DC right now.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    HDTV looks wayyyyy better than regular TV. It's wayyy better than DVD.
    soon they will discover that our eyes see the world pixilated at an average of 1024X768 resolution and merelly 2,100 cerebral lumens.
    To own a walking license we will be required to attach one of the below to our head for visual enhancement
    (image is merely hypothetical example)

8. Lounge   -   #28
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    TV always looks better through a pair of these.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Why the hell would you be using sub par analog connectors on a HDTV in the first place? May as well take it back and buy a SDTV if you are going to do that.

BTW Busy, you know you can pull in over the air HD channels as well right? Here in Austin, we already have 6 channels broadcast over the air (just need a HD capable antennea) with a 7th soon starting. Looks like 8 are available in DC right now.
    Yes I know. The NTSC will be totally supplanted by HDTV eventually.

However, I already pay for cable and have been for years. The over-the-air selection has been shit in comparison and HDTV won't really change that.

Regarding your first sentence, I don't know anyone with only analog connectors on a HDTV. I think those folk were like the ones who would spend $1800 for the new Blu-Ray players.

HDTVs are now the same price (and less) than SDTV were.

I got mine when I moved into my new house and don't have to pay for until 2007. I love deferred billing, no interest.

HDTV picture is so good that I'd even say it's like the jump from B&W to color. As I said, it even kicks DVDs in the arse.

I understand some of the new Blu-Ray/HD-DVD players will upconvert a DVD to near-HD quality. There are DVD players that do that now as well. I was going to buy one that did that and played Divx and so forth all in one (upconvert those downloads) but if you have the right mod on an Xbox, it'll do it all as well.

Hell I saved my Batman Begins DVD for that.

One thing is for sure. If you are going to buy a new TV, definitely get an HDTV. A friend of mine told me this years ago but then, it was cost-efffective.

Why pay the huge markup? I think the situation is almost similar to the flat-panel vs. CRT monitors. I remember not long ago when a 17" CRT ran $700. Now that'll get you a 24" widescreen flat-panel monitor.

The situation in the US is different anyway since our TV signal will be phased out soon so that Skynet, the Terminators, and the Anti-Christ can take over the hole wyde wuld.

Also HDTV is nice for the Superbowl party.

Oh and HMPL, do you have an HDTV?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-02-2006 at 10:35 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #30
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    I can't tell the difference in visual quality between a brand new VHS and a DVD, apart from the shinyness of the discs, very pretty.
    Last edited by DorisInsinuate; 03-02-2006 at 10:56 PM.
    It's hot in Topeka.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast