Thread: Convert unfinished downloads between different file sharing programs

Question Mark

Hello people,
    I'm new here and this seems like a really nice place

I have a question: Is there any utility at all available that can convert unfinished downloads?

I.E. Start download a file in a bittorent client, then convert it to an ed2k download and continue in emule, and then convert it to a DC++ download to finish downloading it with DC++ (all that assuming the file is available on all those networks).

I'd appreciate any answers.

Have a cool day,
    Fishos

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think it's unlikely you'll find such a tool.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Not sure if you can turn torrent to ed2k, that one is the one of them that might possibly, if you're lucky, work. Though, don't know any tool that does it. Try to just rename the temporary files from the torrent to the ed2k format?
    Anyways, you can't continue torrent or ed2k in DC++, because DC uses a more "linear" download system, like FTP, where you start at the beginning and goes on to the end. Torrent and ed2k use a system where it puts in the parts of the file as it finds it, i.e. DC++ wouldn't be able to continue because it would require all the bytes from the beginning to the last byte of the torrent/ed2k file to already be downloaded (which it probably isn't). Though, vice versa does work, DC++ downloads can be converted to torrent/ed2k (just rename the temp file)
    Last edited by dreamhacker; 03-06-2006 at 07:51 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    MorphXT has an "import partial" option, shareaza has a rehash option (used after swapping your partials), most bittorrent clients can rehash partials as well

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    dreamhacker - Actually I meant RevConnect (DC++ mod) which handles downloads much like ed2k, I just wasn't sure you're familiar with it

Vargas - I'll check it right away!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hmm looks like eMule can only import from other ed2k software... not what I was looking for..

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    the morphXT mod can import any partial, it's a right click option in the downloads window

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishos
    dreamhacker - Actually I meant RevConnect (DC++ mod) which handles downloads much like ed2k, I just wasn't sure you're familiar with it
    Okay, then I guess that can continue on partial files too. I only have much experience with normal clients like fulDC etc.