Thread: With hindsight

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    What would have made the U.S.A. safer.

1: Spending all the money from the Iraq war on the Iraq war

Or

2: Don't have the Iraq war and instead invest the money in border, airport and port security etc. at home e.g. staff and machines to screen 100% of incomming and out going containers.

I think option 2.
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-10-2006 at 03:38 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    You seem to be implying that the war is to make the U.S. safer in the first place....

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    You seem to be implying that the war is to make the U.S. safer in the first place....
    That's why I put "with hindsight". personally, I think iraq has made us less safe but that is not measurable.
    However the war was sold as "protecting the USA" and the pundits that support it still say the troops are there "fighting for our freedoms"
    It seems a no brainer if you are against the iraq war I suppose, so probably a better question to those that think iraq was and still is the right thing to do for the U.S.A.
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-10-2006 at 04:08 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    No doubt.

Funny how we have a real nuclear threat looming in Iran and our soldiers are spread thin with many in Iraq.....and nary a reason to be there in the first place.

I almost feel bad for the next President that will have to bat clean-up. Ultimately, he'll measured on how he responds and not what has come before.

I don't know how many billions have been spent on the war already ($260 billion maybe) but damn, just thinking about all the beefed up security we could've had in lieu of Iraq is mind boggling.

The thought wouldn't even enter if the war was noble.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    "We fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here."

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    That's why I put "with hindsight". personally, I think iraq has made us less safe but that is not measurable.

It seems a no brainer if you are against the iraq war I suppose, so probably a better question to those that think iraq was and still is the right thing to do for the U.S.A.
    The only people that think that way are die-hard Republicans. Notice I said die-hard 'cause many other Republicans are shaking their head now.

You'll notice the die-hards by the line (or something similar):

"We initially went into Iraq to liberate the Iraqi people from an oppressive regime."

When I see people say that (even soldiers) it makes me wish I could smack the shit out them for stupidity.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232