Thread: need help to delete google dropdown history

lo31122's Avatar lo3112
    I Have Computer At My Work,but We Are Not Allowed To Use The Internet,,,my Question Is Now How Do I Delete The Google Dropdown History,,you Know When You Search In Ex.google And Yahoo The Things You Write In The Searchbar Stays And If You Double Clic On The Bar Every Thing That Has Been Searched Before Shows,is There A Way To Delete It So The Searchbar Is Clean ,,in Case The Boss Shows Up And Checks,,its No Problem With The Explorer Searchbar ,but I Have Tryed Everything With The Google,,,big Thanks To The Ones Who Can Fix My Problem:d

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Click on the Google logo next to the Google Toolbar's search box, then choose "Clear Search History" from the drop-down box that appears. You May need to right click it.
    Last edited by DrBeerMan; 03-04-2006 at 11:45 AM.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    lo31122's Avatar lo3112
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBeerMan
    Click on the Google logo next to the Google Toolbar's search box, then choose "Clear Search History" from the drop-down box that appears. You May need to right click it.
    my google is on top of the search box and dosent come with a drop down box when i right or left click on it

i have tryed different langues also,,

i feel so lost

but thanks for trying drbeerman
    Last edited by lo31122; 03-04-2006 at 12:23 PM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    It works in Firefox and very handy to know thanx Drbeerman . I could n't figure it out .

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    what browser?
    In firefox: 'tools'>'options'>'privacy'>'saved forms'>'clear saved form data now'

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    I find it best to have the settings auto delete after firefox closes. Also, make sure to set your cache to 0 KB and the history to 0 days.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lo31122
    I Have Computer At My Work,but We Are Not Allowed To Use The Internet,,,my Question Is Now How Do I Delete The Google Dropdown History,,you Know When You Search In Ex.google And Yahoo The Things You Write In The Searchbar Stays And If You Double Clic On The Bar Every Thing That Has Been Searched Before Shows,is There A Way To Delete It So The Searchbar Is Clean ,,in Case The Boss Shows Up And Checks,,its No Problem With The Explorer Searchbar ,but I Have Tryed Everything With The Google,,,big Thanks To The Ones Who Can Fix My Problem:d
    Oh that's quite easy

In IE...

Tools/Internet Options/General Tab/Browsing History - Delete/Form Data - Delete/Close/Ok

In IE7 you can shortcut to it with just

Tools/Delete Browsing History

Also if want to avert that in the future...

Tools/Internet Options/Content Tab/Autocomplete - Settings/uncheck forms/Ok/Ok

edit: My bad dude. That's all IE7 only.

In IE6..

Tools/Internet Options/Content Tab/Personal Information - Autocomplete/Clear Autocomplete History - Clear Forms/Yes/Ok/Ok/Ok

At the top of th same page is the option for whether you want to use Autocomplete for forms as well.

A word of caution....if your computer is on a network, they can get the information anyway though it'll be more trouble.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-07-2006 at 05:33 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbitter
    make sure to set your cache to 0 KB
    terrible idea. This means everytime you refresh a page it has to pull the images from the server again wasting bandwidth and time.

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    Just install window washer, only two clicks

it does everything else at the same time

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or AOL. The software also detects and offers custom cleaning plug-ins for other programs installed, including iTunes, the Google Toolbar and ZoneAlarm

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Privacy eraser Pro does the job well.