Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule Settings

Gigi666
    hey guys, im new to the whole emule system and i read loads of guides and tried loads of different tips and settings but i still get slow speeds. I have a ADSL connection of 4Mb/256kb and I have a linksys router with both ports open.

I have xp
    Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    85KB/s down is fast.

EVerything you download has to be uploaded by someone else. Don't expect to download lots more than you upload.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodiv
    85KB/s down is fast.

EVerything you download has to be uploaded by someone else. Don't expect to download lots more than you upload.
    in emule 13KB/s down is fast!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    upload and download ratio

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ricky912's Avatar SCC Member BT Rep: +4
    Emule is always slow. It makes up for its speed with its fine selection.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    kanji78's Avatar Member
    @gigi666

i have amule (mac user) with the same connection at 4Mb, my amule download at 60/80Kbs. At night with file that have many sources goes on 180/200kbs.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Max Connections is too high. Your router wont like anything over 250 connections. i set mine to 200 and thats fine.

You don't need to put any limit on your downloads, but you must limit your uploads to 80% of bandwith.

Don't allow your mule to autoconnect to servers. Stick to the donkeyservers if you can, if not just use cad.

More files is good.

Credit system takes a while to kick in [Months]. Getting verified files from a good forum will earn you credits with other users there and help with your credits.

Your isp could be throttling those ports.[You have the defaults set.] This would be obvious because everything would slow to a trickle, especially at busy times. If you suspect that's the case, change those ports [Put a 1 or 2 in front of the number.] and forward those instead.

Never sit there watching your mule...it can be soul destroying. 8)
    My psychiatrist can testify to my sanity.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    small tip : it depends on which files u are dling , who released them

take a look at our emule movie links, quality rips and very fast speed, im usually finished after 12-14 hours,ive even had one done after 4
    Last edited by nanotek; 07-13-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Open your mind

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Theres no way to stop upload speeds, its designed to allow atleast 10kb/sec minimum uploads speed, just to let everyone know

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Zafer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by NiKRuLeZ
    Theres no way to stop upload speeds, its designed to allow atleast 10kb/sec minimum uploads speed, just to let everyone know

Why do you need to minimize upload ?
    If you upload as much as you can and you ll get good credits and your downloads will start better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast