What are your experiences?

I don't notice any difference...

you can download it at www.download.com

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Some more info.....?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    the program says to speed up downloads.
    but because of the always changing download speeds i can't really notice any difference.

maybe it works maybe it doesn't.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hopefully this will explain it:
    If you have XP SP2, then your "tcpip.sys" will only allow a small amount of incoming connections (people you are downloading from).
    Soon that will be used up and so less sources!
    The patch is *supposed to* increase the amount of connections so you get more sources (if any)!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Actually many people know about this patch and it has nothing to do with eMule.

The site was lvllord.de, not "download.com" (seriously the last place for anyone looking for decent software.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by twostars
    Hopefully this will explain it:
    If you have XP SP2, then your "tcpip.sys" will only allow a small amount of incoming connections (people you are downloading from).
    Soon that will be used up and so less sources!
    The patch is *supposed to* increase the amount of connections so you get more sources (if any)!
    actually its more to do with the fact that sp2 only allows a certain amount of half open connections. these are connections where you are asking for a response from someone and they dont reply. this happens alot with p2p apps. its microsofts attempt to stop the spread of worms.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    millerhilife
    I haven't tried the patch, but I've been testing the DaZZle Emule Mod, the "supposed" fast version of Emule. Haven't really noticed any spectacular jump in speed yet, but I'm trying different options. Anyone else using DaZZle?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    hey! im new here and i just got emule plus...I was wondering how can I make it faster. Somebody mentioned that you have to configure your router settings or something, where do you go to do that? Or maybe there's some speed up patch that actually works?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i use that patch with sp1 and its the same. No diference. not working

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I think that patch was ment to help speed up torrents as well i used it onces couldnt tell if it worked tho...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast