Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Basketball

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hmm I just watched the China game (played in China btw) and I was very unimpressed with the US in the 1st half (mainly the first quarter).

Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sport (soccer used to be). I heard that basketball is the world fastest growing sport years ago but jeez. China also rules all of basketball in Asia.

One thing the US does have much better than they had in last two international competitions is better three point shooting.

They have that and they just seem to out athlete the competition (so far).
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-08-2006 at 05:54 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sport
    Even more interesting when you consider that the stadium for that game was a little over half full.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Interesting too that basketball is China's most popular sport
    Even more interesting when you consider that the stadium for that game was a little over half full.
    Nah no it doesn't. It was a sellout.

It looked rather full when I watched it. However I could only see most of the stadium.

Throw it down!
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

It looked rather full when I watched it. However I could only see most of the stadium.

Throw it down!
    I read about it in USAToday.

Actually, the reason it wasn't full was because of the massive prices charged for tickets, between $84 and $450. Most folk couldn't afford to go. I thought you'd maybe have also read about it.

I say it was interesting because the Chinese people are desperate to see the NBA stars yet the NBA stars themselves priced the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Pretty poor show.

It does, however, back up your previous points that cash is the main concern in US sport.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Sports Club   -   #35

Throw it down!

Actually, the reason it wasn't full was because of the massive prices charged for tickets, between $84 and $450. Most folk couldn't afford to go. I thought you'd maybe have also read about it.

I say it was interesting because the Chinese people are desperate to see the NBA stars yet the NBA stars themselves priced the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live. Pretty poor show.

It does, however, back up your previous points that cash is the main concern in US sport.
    It wasn't in the US though. Also the average Chinaman doesn't go to see sports (maybe once a year) so maybe China prices the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live.

Soccer attendance in China fell off almost 40% last year.

Hell those ticket prices are higher than in the US. I can get a nosebleed seat for 15$, nice seats for $75, and really nice seats for $110.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    FUCK PISS SHIT!

USA beat Brazil in China today 90 to fucking 86!

We were up 52 - 38 at the half! WT FIGGITY F!?!
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-08-2006 at 03:42 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi

It wasn't in the US though. Also the average Chinaman doesn't go to see sports (maybe once a year) so maybe China prices the average Chinese NBA fan out of seeing them live.
    Yeah, that'll be it.

Those rampantly commercial Chinese folk pricing their own fans out of seeing a game they've been hankering after for ages while the humble US all-star team get paid in bamboo shoots

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    Yeah, that'll be it.

Those rampantly commercial Chinese folk pricing their own fans out of seeing a game they've been hankering after for ages while the humble US all-star team get paid in bamboo shoots
    They aren't even getting paid in bamboo shoots.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    USA beat Lithuania 111 - 88

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    USA beat Korea 116 - 63

Gilbert Arenas is out of competition with a groin injury and that really sucks.

The World Championships start on Saturday. In exhibition play, the US Basketball team is undefeated.
    Last edited by Busyman; 08-15-2006 at 12:58 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast