Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: South Dakota Bans Abortion..Oh Wait

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™

Some women think it's a decision of great magnitude and some don't. Any woman can regret marriage in hindsight. Sometimes that hindsight can be 10 years later.

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. The Drawing Room   -   #142
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I don't think that's Chinese style. It would be a requirement for getting state money. Surely you wouldn't want mom's to receive state money, have no job, and just sit on her ass (or laying on her back) getting pregnant so the state will kick out MORE money?

You have to know that this would exacerbate the problem since there is a new infant tying mom down to take care of.

I mean she could always refuse and not receive state money. No civil rights would be violated either way.

The cost of that shot would outweigh the cost kicked out for a newborn. That's for sure.
    So you don't see any similarity to chinese child producing policy?

I agree with all the bit about not wanting someone on welfare to keep producing children. To me welfare should be a safety net, not an alternative wage source to allow people to become parasites. There are lots of things wrong with the system including the minmum wage being so low discouraging people with families from working...but that's a different subject.
    Linking mandatory contraception to welfare payments, no matter how it's justifed, leads us down the chinese human rights road we condemn.
    Nnnnno it doesn't.

Our government would not be saying that women simply cannot have kids.

Our government would be saying that they don't want women having kids that the government must pay for while the woman is trying to get on her feet.

It is sensationalist to say it parallels the Chinese.

A - Woman receives welfare, is looking for a job, gets pregnant, needs more welfare, harder to look for a job.

B- Woman receives welfare, had the shot, looks for a job, no more money is kicked out by the state, doesn't have a kid (or more kids) to take care of while receiving de mooney

Doing this helps curb the cycle welfare. Come on man get on board. It's an original Busyman idea. Write yo congress(wo)man and shit.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-22-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415