Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirby Puckett....Barry Bonds

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Y'know, if I was inclined to be really ironic and cynical, I'd say Busyman was being racist on behalf of Mr. Bonds.

But I'm not, so never mind.

Barry Bonds is steroid-free because it has not been proven; so says Busyman.

My eyes deceive.

Oh, well...naive is as naive does.
    You love to bring up the racist card when it has been absent.

You also have a problem reading.

Aren't Mark McGwire and Raphael Palmeiro otherthanblack.
    Isn't the HR record already held by a black man?

You are an idiot.

I recall this manufactured outrage when you said I called you a racist when it wasn't even at the very least, IMPLIED. (see Bryant Gumbel thread)

You also said wayyyy back something about, "I would have thought you took me to be a racist." I was like "wtf is j2 talking about?"

edit: Oh and I said nothing about race but I think Bonds (the black guy) has 708 and Ruth (the white guy) has 714. Barring retirement, injury, or death from some racist Bond hater (you out there know who you are), he'll easily get a mere 7 HRs.

I actually don't see him lasting long enough to reach Hank's record.
    There are folks out there with comments like...
    Drop dead, you cheap, cheating, selfish, lying prick.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-09-2006 at 07:07 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    He said that if a player was caught using any performance inhancing drug prohibited by MLB
    Uh huh.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    He said that if a player was caught using any performance inhancing drug prohibited by MLB
    Uh huh.

yo

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Not saying that what he says is true, but since we're on the topic and I just saw this, I figured I'd let you guys read and sum up your own conclusions:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11719352/

yo

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Not saying that what he says is true, but since we're on the topic and I just saw this, I figured I'd let you guys read and sum up your own conclusions:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11719352/
    Based on what McGwire and Palmeiro have said out of their own mouths, Canseco's remarks seem true.

Last I checked though, a drug test is how it's proven and not "I heard that..", "He was a customer...", blahblahblah.

Also if you were to erase the record, do you erase the entire record or back to when the public suspected steroid use?

This is why you need a positive drug test first before exploring anything else. Even with a positive test, when did they use?

I do like how Canseco says to look at baseball's ownership and officials. The MLB has had the most lax rules regarding testing and they allowed certain substances when other sports did not.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-09-2006 at 07:09 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Didn't Bonds testify in front of a jury and say 'Yeah, I took steroids but I didn't know they were steroids. No siree Bob.' -- and that's the best scenario!

The fact that he's never had a positive test is a testament to the lax regulatory behaviour of the governing body, they didn't want to catch the cheats. Anyone who says that they don't believe that Bonds has taken steroids is a naive idiot.

I think common sense tells even the most disinterested observer (me) that Bonds, along with a lot of his peers, have taken steroids at some point. This era of professional baseball IS the most corrupt era I can think of in any sport that I can remember.

Anyone with a love for the sport should want the records wiped for the past 15 years or so, just based upon what Canesco has said.

This is a sport where statistics are just as important as trophies, therefore there is a way for it to regain some dignity and keep the stats 'clean'. The trophies have been awarded, the teams had their moment of glory - but the records are something that can be taken away. Do away with the 'win at all costs' mentality and look at the larger picture.

For baseball to be perceived with at least some integrity in the eyes of the American public - and the world - it simply has to wipe the records.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened

You are an idiot.

I recall this manufactured outrage when you said I called you a racist when it wasn't even at the very least, IMPLIED. (see Bryant Gumbel thread)

You also said wayyyy back something about, "I would have thought you took me to be a racist." I was like "wtf is j2 talking about?"

edit: Oh and I said nothing about race but I think Bonds (the black guy) has 708 and Ruth (the white guy) has 714. Barring retirement, injury, or death from some racist Bond hater (you out there know who you are), he'll easily get a mere 7 HRs.
    Actually, I don't have a race card to play.

I'm not even black, you see.

I'm so out of touch I have to ask blacks such as yourself if it exists, because I AM aware usage of the charge of racism is the exclusive province of blacks.

I feel compelled now to ask if what I saw previously was a bit of back-pedalling on the part of Mr. Gumbel; he seemed to want to downplay the remarks we had previously discussed...I cannot be sure, however, in the absence of your confirmation.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

You are an idiot.

Actually, I don't have a race card to play.

I'm not even black, you see.

I'm so out of touch I have to ask blacks such as yourself if it exists, because I AM aware usage of the charge of racism is the exclusive province of blacks.

I feel compelled now to ask if what I saw previously was a bit of back-pedalling on the part of Mr. Gumbel; he seemed to want to downplay the remarks we had previously discussed...I cannot be sure, however, in the absence of your confirmation.

If it makes you feel any better, j2, I called you a racist in the lounge for using a negative Italian stereotype. I'm not black but I feel all one has to do to play the race card is feign indignation.

That's what I do, anyhow. I rather suspect this is how it works 90% of the time for other folk too.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think it's nice that you get issued with cards. Sort of like the jokers in It's-A-Knockout.

You don't get that with gay-bashing.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Didn't Bonds testify in front of a jury and say 'Yeah, I took steroids but I didn't know they were steroids. No siree Bob.' -- and that's the best scenario!

The fact that he's never had a positive test is a testament to the lax regulatory behaviour of the governing body, they didn't want to catch the cheats. Anyone who says that they don't believe that Bonds has taken steroids is a naive idiot.

I think common sense tells even the most disinterested observer (me) that Bonds, along with a lot of his peers, have taken steroids at some point. This era of professional baseball IS the most corrupt era I can think of in any sport that I can remember.
    I totally agree. On the first, I thought he said, if he took them he didn't know it.

Wiping everyone's record is just mad talk, however.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-09-2006 at 02:24 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast