View Poll Results: Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its awful, and puts me off this place

9 18.37%
  • Its not too bad, I can handle it

9 18.37%
  • I hadn’t noticed

4 8.16%
  • I think its funny

10 20.41%
  • Geptards Rod! Yeah!

4 8.16%
  • Feckin’ manker

13 26.53%
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

twisterX's Avatar Poster
    >at the poll.

2 people will need to be killed. Bo get your guns out. Sara tell us the 2 people who voted for option 1. ziggy get ready!!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    You're a glebe

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #33
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I really think we should all practice to be more insalting...added with a little extra inpepering. That's what gives the necessary seasoning...

4. Lounge   -   #34
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I think that as long as someone hasn't intended to insult smb with his/her says there is no issue on our hand ... else the one who does such things should be punished as the moderators think its best

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    If you want serious then fuck orf to the drawing room,everything else is just babycham for the brain.

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Everybody has their buttons. There are a couple of things I find hard to laugh at because they hit too close to home but if that's the case I just steer clear of threads that would touch a nerve. Having said that I can't think of anything that has made me feel that way here.

This place feels like somewhere I don't have to worry so much about what makes me laugh; and ok so there are threads that will offend some but you have to take things in the spirit they were meant. I kind of hope I'm right in thinking that what's posted doesn't really reflect what someone would do irl - just the fact that they like a larf.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Quote Originally Posted by horia
    I think that as long as someone hasn't intended to insult smb with his/her says there is no issue on our hand ...
    Who's SMB, don't you mean SMG, but what's Buffy got to do with it.

Blade > Buffy

edit: there should be some question curlys in there somewhere.
    It's hot in Topeka.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Back from my strop, or going to bed ... whatever.

It seems to me that it's mods/forum stars that get the brunt of any piss taking. Frequently it's established members but hardly ever new members - the lounge dynamic seems fine to me, there are enough regulars to keep it busy and new blood comes along fairly frequently and is very welcome (staleness is a bitch). This section is probably busier than the rest of the forum sections put together.

I think there's been a bitch session in Team Chat (if it was in here, they'd get ripped to shreds for being gay) and it's been decided that something needs to be done about the nasty chaps who simply don't respect authoritah!

Tough.

Every forum has it's in-jokes and members who sometimes take things too far - and participants who have particularly cutting humour. It's just that with this forum, while all the mods are sterling members, none of them seem to be able to stand up to a handful of members (yeah, myself included) who think it's fun to take the piss out of them.

Obviously, no-one is going to get banned or moderated for this, so whatcha gonna do. I suspect nothing.

The lounge has moderated itself for almost two years. A handful of people have cried and left because of cutting remarks. Many more have laughed and stayed.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

10. Lounge   -   #40
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    The lounge hasn't changed in all the time i've been here. I see your nearly winning in the poll manker

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast