View Poll Results: Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes its awful, and puts me off this place

9 18.37%
  • Its not too bad, I can handle it

9 18.37%
  • I hadn’t noticed

4 8.16%
  • I think its funny

10 20.41%
  • Geptards Rod! Yeah!

4 8.16%
  • Feckin’ manker

13 26.53%
Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Lounge Witty or Insulting? YOU DECIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings in here.

If some pneub, or regular for that matter, strolled in here looking for hugsies, then they deserve the pain.

I don't even know why this thread had to be made.

A lot of us in here have our quirks, but really, we are the ones in here, we make up the place. There'd be no point to the lounge without the regulars.

And if you'd try and start moderating me for being me in here, what'd be the point of me coming here?

What this tells me, is that you care less about a lot of us lounge regulars, and more about some random wankers who can't handle insults, and who probably hardly ever has anything worthwhile to say.

As for moderating off-topic posts for being off-topic, in this thread, or any other in this off-topic forum.

How mental are you, really?

To whoever made the complaints that prompted this: you suck, you really do.

I'm a bit hung over still, else I'd have explained in detail why this thread is moronic. As it is I have to go lie down

EDit: the possessive form of "it" is "its", not "it's". I'm not kidding.
    Actually this was to see who got their panties in the biggest bunch so guess its served now...

2. Lounge   -   #202
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings in here.

If some pneub, or regular for that matter, strolled in here looking for hugsies, then they deserve the pain.

I don't even know why this thread had to be made.

A lot of us in here have our quirks, but really, we are the ones in here, we make up the place. There'd be no point to the lounge without the regulars.

And if you'd try and start moderating me for being me in here, what'd be the point of me coming here?

What this tells me, is that you care less about a lot of us lounge regulars, and more about some random wankers who can't handle insults, and who probably hardly ever has anything worthwhile to say.

As for moderating off-topic posts for being off-topic, in this thread, or any other in this off-topic forum.

How mental are you, really?

To whoever made the complaints that prompted this: you suck, you really do.

I'm a bit hung over still, else I'd have explained in detail why this thread is moronic. As it is I have to go lie down

EDit: the possessive form of "it" is "its", not "it's". I'm not kidding.
    Actually this was to see who got their panties in the biggest bunch so guess its served now...

Thing is, mate. Admin / Mods shouldn't really be duplicitous towards their members. It really is rather undignified and demeaning.

Shame on you all, or at least those who thought this was a good idea.

Particular shame on sArA, I had thought much better of you than being party to such a thing. I really am disappointed irl.

3. Lounge   -   #203
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Maybe there should be a tick-box on user-profiles that says

"Please don't take the piss out of me"

4. Lounge   -   #204
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY

Thing is, mate. Admin / Mods shouldn't really be duplicitous towards their members. It really is rather undignified and demeaning.

Shame on you all, or at least those who thought this was a good idea.

Particular shame on sArA, I had thought much better of you than being party to such a thing. I really am disappointed irl.
    Meh, I guess I'm not so bothered. I'm duplicitous toward the mods all the time (rodding) and should expect the same back.

Seems a bit harsh on those members who don't behave in the same way tho'.

It's fairly obvious to me that the duplicitousness hasn't yet stopped either. I believe that there's a fair amount of back-tracking going on regarding this issue and the sports threads in the lounge thing.

I don't actually believe that RF's posts in this thread were disingenuous. Nor the people, like lynx, Damnatory and RTJ - who came out and said that they didn't like the current situation in the lounge - we being disingenuous neither.

Some mods have been geptards about the whole thing - but it's been a while since they've done anything save for moving posts. I imagine their people skills might be a bit rusty. I won't hold it against them
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #205
    I hear what you say, but surely authority figures should be above cheap tricks and disingenuous polls.

Like I said, I'm particularly surprised at sArA being the person who actually carried it out.

6. Lounge   -   #206
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I hear what you say, but surely authority figures should be above cheap tricks and disingenuous polls.

Like I said, I'm particularly surprised at sArA being the person who actually carried it out.
    Yeah, maybe. I'd certainly be surprised if Sara was deliberately trying to rile established members up, for what appears (now) to be no good reason.

If anything, the piss taking and hostility here has increased since this thread.

You know, RealitY isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - perhaps he isn't speaking for the entire mod team when he posted that earlier.

I'd prefer to think that.
    Last edited by manker; 03-13-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Lounge   -   #207
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Yeah, maybe. I'd certainly be surprised if Sara was deliberately trying to rile established members up, for what appears (now) to be no good reason.

If anything, the piss taking and hostility here has increased since this thread.

You know, RealitY isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - perhaps he isn't speaking for the entire mod team when he posted that earlier.

I'd prefer to think that.
    But that would mean he was lying, I can't believe that.

8. Lounge   -   #208
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I believe he was - I just read some of the posts made by RF and Sara on page two of this thread (if you're using the 40 posts per page forum view) and I'm taking them at their word.

9. Lounge   -   #209
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I believe he was - I just read some of the posts made by RF and Sara on page two of this thread (if you're using the 40 posts per page forum view) and I'm taking them at their word.
    That does make more sense, but why would he lie to us about such a thing.

EDIT - oh and if that's the case, my apologies to any mod not involved, particularly sArA.
    Last edited by Agrajag; 03-13-2006 at 12:28 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #210
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    By the way, I voted "I think it's funny".

I've only been offended once by a post in the lounge, and probably only then because I was having a bad day.

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast