Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toronto/sars

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    The news is rife with stories about the situation up there, how are you all doing, and what "aren't" we hearing?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #2
    well about 260 something are infected and i think 16 dead.
    i think it was way too overexagerrated compared to other things. it has died down a little, but the chinese are being discriminated a bit. chinatown is feared and restaurants and such are losing business. i think that is all crap. hospitals around here are still closed, but there are clinics and stuff. people have to be quarantined for 10 days if they have suspected symptoms or have been anywhere of suspicion. its kind of crazy. you may have heard that mel lastman (mayor) and chretien visited chinatown to ease the discomfort, but i dont think thats working very well. the worst is over, and it will be forgotten in a little while.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Fingers are crossed, here. Will continue to monitor.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@23 April 2003 - 22:19
    The news is rife with stories about the situation up there, how are you all doing, and what "aren't" we hearing?
    B) The news of our demise has been greatly exaggerated....according to the media up here anyway. I live on the west coast and have read of about a fistful of cases, and have also read of a small number of cases in T.O. But I think the major problem is that Beijing is terrified to reveal the true numbers in case their economy collapses.
    Pretty irresponsible of that gov't in my opinion.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by Riddler+24 April 2003 - 00:36--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Riddler @ 24 April 2003 - 00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@23 April 2003 - 22:19
    The news is rife with stories about the situation up there, how are you all doing, and what "aren&#39;t" we hearing?
    B) The news of our demise has been greatly exaggerated....according to the media up here anyway. I live on the west coast and have read of about a fistful of cases, and have also read of a small number of cases in T.O. But I think the major problem is that Beijing is terrified to reveal the true numbers in case their economy collapses.
    Pretty irresponsible of that gov&#39;t in my opinion. [/b][/quote]
    actually theyre irresponsible b/c they didnt control it before it got out of hand. they knew there was a problem, right?&#33;

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Abso-frikin-lutely &#33;

7. Lounge   -   #7
    are you agreeing, or are you being a sarcastic asshole?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Z@23 April 2003 - 22:49
    are you agreeing, or are you being a sarcastic asshole?
    Whoah big guy &#33; No sarcasm here---not on a subject like life & death.

Peace.

9. Lounge   -   #9

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Z Posted on 24 April 2003 - 06:29
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well about 260 something are infected and i think 16 dead.
    i think it was way too overexagerrated compared to other things. it has died down a little,

the worst is over, and it will be forgotten in a little while.

Wow Z ,,
    I realy hope you are right,but i dont think so ,,

Oni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast