Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Coolest Alarm Clocks

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Ahh…the love-hate relationship that we all have with our alarm clocks. Why endure those harsh buzzing noises every morning when you could make things just a little more interesting? Here are some of the coolest alarm clocks available via the web that could spice up the first few minutes of your everyday life.

Kuku Alarm Clock
    At your set time, the clock begins laying its little eggs and starts chirping away. Unless you return all the eggs into the basket, it won’t stop buzzing! A great way to exercise your drowsy brain. And definitely makes waking up to work a little more fun!

Jigsaw Puzzle Alarm Clock
    Alarm sounded! Wanna shut that dreaded noise off? Sorry, gotta complete the puzzle first. The puzzle pieces fires out from the clock at the set time, and by the time you manage to piece back the puzzles, I bet you would be quite awake.

Drag Racing Alarm Clock
    Love engine revs and spinning tires? This one’s for you. The clock comes complete with working temperature and humidity gauges, lighted dial and staging lights. At the set time, the clock begins revving and warming up, the staging lights start going off in sequence and finally “VROOM!”, the scream of an 8,000 horsepower wakes you up feeling all ready to take on the world!

iPod Alarm Clock
    What’s better than waking up to your favorite song on your iPod? Loud songs, gradually loudening songs, or even birds chirping, your pick. The clock also features a cool dock, stereo speakers and a built-in FM/AM radio.

Floating Message Alarm Clock
    This neat alarm clock flashes eight LEDs at 16 times per seconds to display a constant 200 characters message in the air. Perfect for waking up your significant other with a naughty message or two.

Sight, Sound and Scent Alarm Clock
    Thirty-minutes before your wake-up time, the light on this clock gradually brightens, while releasing faint aromatherapy scents and producing soft nature sounds. And finally at the set time, a buzzer sounds to make sure you wake up. If the combined “sight”, “sound” and “scent” is still unable to wake up you, I guess an extra “kick” from your family members would be required.

Hide-and-Seek Alarm Clock
    How about a little game of hide-and-seek every morning? Every time you hit the snooze button, the clock rolls off to hide. And when the alarm sounds again, you would have no choice but to get up and seek out the clock to off it for good.

Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
    The Axbo alarm clock analyzes your sleeping stage via the wireless wristband, and decides an appropriate time that is close to your set time to wake you up. It is claimed that waking up at the right time this way could let you wake up feeling more refreshed.

Projection Alarm Clock
    This Ferrari-branded alarm clock is able to project a logo of our favorite horse together with the current time onto the wall or ceiling. Interesting twist to time-reading! And when it’s time to wake up, the clock greets you with the sweet sound of a Ferrari roar. Better if you got the real deal sitting outside your house waiting.

Wooden Alarm Clock
    The time on this clock seems to mysteriously appear on its smooth wooden surface. But it is in fact being shone through a layer of wood that is very thin. With no visible controls and buttons, the clock is perfect for minimalist lovers.

Links to buy any of these can be found at the source link here:

http://www.hiptechblog.com/2006/03/1...-alarm-clocks/

I personally like the hide & seek one, though I'd be afraid that it would seek a spot under my bed and I wouldn't up.
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-15-2006 at 06:28 AM.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    I have the ipod alarm clock. Was really surprised by it.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    I HATE MY ALARM CLOCK SO BAD!!! Sometimes i set it wrong and during the day it goes off and i get so pissed becuase of the sound!!

That sound IS EVIL!! EVIL I SAY

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I like the Wooden Alarm Clock.

I bet that clocker knows a lot of really cool clocks.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    some of those things that you have to put the stuff back in place wouldnt work for me. It would just be flying out the window

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Love the looks of this one

Sold out "Availability: This item is currently not available"
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

7. Lounge   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Indeed I do but really cool clocks don't do silly things, they just tell time very accurately.

I admit it....I'm a clock snob.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Indeed I do but really cool clocks don't do silly things, they just tell time very accurately.

I admit it....I'm a clock snob.
    I have a radio controlled watch which synchronises with a satellite.

It didn't cost a lot, but it's seriously accurate.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I have a radio controlled watch which synchronises with a satellite.

It didn't cost a lot, but it's seriously accurate.
    So you'll know to the nanosecond when the moderation ends.
    Must be a real comfort.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    I have the ipod alarm clock. Was really surprised by it.
    Does that mean you have to plug into speakers for it to work?

I have 6 alarms set for the mornings, 7 if you include a hyperactive dawg.
    They still get lobbed across the room and ignored.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast