View Poll Results: Guys Only: How Many Older Brothers Do You Have?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll

23 74.19%

4 12.90%

2 6.45%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 6+

2 6.45%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Fellas Only: How Many Olders Brothers Do You Have?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I'll explain after I get enough votes.
    How many is that?
    Oh we're getting there.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #32
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can hardly wait!!1
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    While biologists look at hormones for answers about human sexuality, other scientists are looking for patterns in statistics. And hard as this is to believe, they have found something they call "the older brother effect."

"The more older brothers a man has, the greater that man's chance of being gay," says Bailey.

Asked if that's true, Bailey says, "That is absolutely true."

If this comes as a shock to you, you’re not alone. But it turns out, it’s one of the most solid findings in this field, demonstrated in study after study.

And the numbers are significant: for every older brother a man has, his chances of being gay increase by one third. Older sisters make no difference, and there's no corresponding effect for lesbians. A first-born son has about a 2 percent chance of being gay, and the numbers rise from there. The theory is it happens in the womb.

"Somehow, the mother's body is remembering how many boys she's carried before," says Breedlove. "The favorite hypothesis is that the mother may be making antibodies when she sees a boy the first time, and then affect subsequent boys when she carries them in utero."

"You mean, like she's carrying a foreign substance?" Stahl asked.

"And if you think about it, a woman who's carrying a son for the first time, she is carrying a foreign substance," Breedlove replied. "There are some proteins encoded on his Y chromosome that her body has never seen before and that her immune system would be expected to regard as 'invaders,'" he added.
    manker and Seedler, with their 6+ brothers, are as gay as a bunch of cowboys hanging out in the Blue Oyster club on Brokeback Mountain.
    Last edited by Mike Nelson; 03-22-2006 at 01:43 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    0---

5. Lounge   -   #35
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson
    While biologists look at hormones for answers about human sexuality, other scientists are looking for patterns in statistics. And hard as this is to believe, they have found something they call "the older brother effect."

"The more older brothers a man has, the greater that man's chance of being gay," says Bailey.

If this comes as a shock to you, you’re not alone. But it turns out, it’s one of the most solid findings in this field, demonstrated in study after study.

And the numbers are significant: for every older brother a man has, his chances of being gay increase by one third. Older sisters make no difference, and there's no corresponding effect for lesbians. A first-born son has about a 2 percent chance of being gay, and the numbers rise from there. The theory is it happens in the womb.

"Somehow, the mother's body is remembering how many boys she's carried before," says Breedlove. "The favorite hypothesis is that the mother may be making antibodies when she sees a boy the first time, and then affect subsequent boys when she carries them in utero."

"And if you think about it, a woman who's carrying a son for the first time, she is carrying a foreign substance," Breedlove replied. "There are some proteins encoded on his Y chromosome that her body has never seen before and that her immune system would be expected to regard as 'invaders,'" he added.
    manker and Seedler, with their 6+ brothers, are as gay as a bunch of cowboys hanging out in the Blue Oyster on Brokeback Mountain.
    Breedlove is an awesome name for a researcher in this field

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer

manker and Seedler, with their 6+ brothers, are as gay as a bunch of cowboys hanging out in the Blue Oyster club on Brokeback Mountain.

Holy shit- this makes things difficult for the fundimentalist poligimist mormons near us- quite against homosexuality, but with 50+ kids in a family, somewhere around the 15th son on has a pretty high likelyhood.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv

Holy shit- this makes things difficult for the fundimentalist poligimist mormons near us- quite against homosexuality, but with 50+ kids in a family, somewhere around the 15th son on has a pretty high likelyhood.
    Keep in mind that the study is a merely a statistic but a concrete one. The most concrete one. Cheese's quote came from the most recent 60 Minutes episode. It also had 2 sets of twins where one was gay and the other wasn't.
    One boy (I think they were 8) had G.I. Joes and camouflage in his bedroom. The other had doll babies, bed netting, and pink all over the place.

I was waiting for someone else to google and post it. I might have waited forever. I thought Magic was going to post it.

I'm an only child btw. My mom had one, one of her sisters had none, another sister had a boy (oldest) and a girl, and my uncle (the oldest) had one son...that we all just found out about ....about 9 years ago.

I remember one fella saying that after the first born, each subsequent boy has a 33% more chance of being gay.

It's all stats though. The causes are all theory. Genetics have been ruled out.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38
    tantric's Avatar ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    I remember one fella saying that after the first born, each subsequent boy has a 33% more chance of being gay.
    So the fouth son is 99% likely to be a big ponce?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by AfterBurn
    So the fouth son is 99% likely to be a big ponce?
    Yeah all the masculine juice got soaked up by the first 3 sons.

How many older brothers do you have?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-22-2006 at 06:42 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #40
    tantric's Avatar ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
    One.

But only if you count dead people.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast