Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    the bandwaggoning is boring.

the whole picking sides thing is kind of suck. look at the juggernaut thread. the geppers shied away from posting for whatever reason, until cheese said it was a boring concept. he was wrong, but still people either backed him or tried to look neutral for fear of contradicting him.

then the phottshopped pics started. mang, that was some bullshit. the cartoon was funny, but you bitches decided through force of habit or whatever, that you had to contradict the americans who'd already posted. fagz
    I think it's a bit unfair of you singling cheese out. Everyone chose to do whatever they did. To blame that on one person is to abrogate people's responsibilities for their own actions.

I must have a wee read at the thread and see how I went personally.

I do see your overall point tho'

2. Lounge   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Dave's made another schoolboy error.

I'd point it out but if he actually reads the thread and takes in the words this time, he'll see why Cheese's assertion that the cartoon was boring (the basis of his whole band-wagon premis) isn't all it seems

Bitch!
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

I'd point it out but if he actually reads the thread and takes in the words this time, he'll see why Cheese's assertion that the cartoon was boring (the basis of his whole band-wagon premis) isn't all it seems

Bitch!
    Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I liked the Lounge when serious off-topic stuff was mixed in with the spammy threads. That changed in the run-up to the Iraq war.

So basically I blame Bush and Sadaam.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Bitch!
    Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.
    i don't understand the relevence of "mike nelson"

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian
    I liked the Lounge when serious off-topic stuff was mixed in with the spammy threads. That changed in the run-up to the Iraq war.

So basically I blame Bush and Sadaam.
    That's fair.

I think people see it as "The Drawing Room is there for serious stuff".

However we used to also talk about less weighty matters in here, but pretty much stay on topic. There were also total spammy threads, in fact most threads ended up that way. Or like I said were cawkjacked.

Now it's "spam on" as soon as a thread is started.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i don't understand the relevence of "mike nelson"
    Best ask the person who said it, mate. Mike Nelson himself, or manker alluding to the fact that you missed the point / relevance. I haven't a clue.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    However we used to also talk about less weighty matters in here, but pretty much stay on topic. There were also total spammy threads, in fact most threads ended up that way. Or like I said were cawkjacked.

Now it's "spam on" as soon as a thread is started.
    Have to agree its a bit much and makes the section less atracive to the majority...

:norod:
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-21-2006 at 07:12 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Hvae to agree its a bit much and makes the section less atracive to the majority...

:norod:
    I take it your referring to my last but one post, rather than my last one.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    It's now either deep politics or spam. Semi-serious topics kinda lost their place somewhere along the line.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast