Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lounge

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian
    It's now either deep politics or spam. Semi-serious topics kinda lost their place somewhere along the line.
    That kind of sums it up.

EDIT - Do people think thats a good thing, bad thing, or not really worth bothering about.

I'd post a poll but I've had my 2 today.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Hvae to agree its a bit much and makes the section less abrasive to the majority...

:norod:
    I take it your referring to my last but one post, rather than my last one.
    Edited and quoted to alleviate any confusion...

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Dave's made another schoolboy error.

I'd point it out but if he actually reads the thread and takes in the words this time, he'll see why Cheese's assertion that the cartoon was boring (the basis of his whole band-wagon premis) isn't all it seems

Bitch!
    Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.
    Cheese used his Mike Nelson account to say that talking over the top of cartoons is crap, Mike Nelson does MST3K which does similar stuff.

Cheese likes Mike Nelson, hence the account and the irony of using it to say that talking over the top of old cartoons is crap.

I got it because I downloaded a few MST3k episodes (on Cheese's recommendation a year or so ago - I thought they were meh, but that's not important right now). I was the first to post a pic because I fancied dredging up the old bandwagon (of which The is a fully paid up member) that Busyman looks like Carlton Banks.

So, yeah, Dave was a confused noob. Again, bitch!
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Can you explain, I really can't be bothered reading it and I suspect that if he didn't pick it up the first time then he is unlikely to do so on a re-read.
    Cheese used his Mike Nelson account to say that talking over the top of cartoons is crap, Mike Nelson does MST3K which does similar stuff.

Cheese likes Mike Nelson, hence the account and the irony of using it to say that talking over the top of old cartoons is crap.

I got it because I downloaded a few MST3k episodes (on Cheese's recommendation a year or so ago - I thought they were meh, but that's not important right now). I was the first to post a pic because I fancied dredging up the old bandwagon (of which The is a fully paid up member) that Busyman looks like Carlton Banks.

I didn't get any of the references there at all. Which is probably why I didn't really join in. Other than later on when it had really become a phoatie posting thread.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

/implodes

6. Lounge   -   #26
    manker's Avatar effendi

I didn't get any of the references there at all. Which is probably why I didn't really join in. Other than later on when it had really become a phoatie posting thread.
    At least you didn't accuse everyone of behaving in a sheep-like manner.

I mean, when I don't understand what the big boys are talking about, I generally don't comment because making naive assertions is rather foolhardy.

Mind, that only ever happened to me a few times - when there were those threads on needlepoint and fancy crochet patterns.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #27

At least you didn't accuse everyone of behaving in a sheep-like manner.
    I just don't accept that there are cliques. I give you more pelters than practically anyone else here. The difference is how you respond to them. Likewise you rod me and rip the pish out of me more than most other people. I take it as fun.

If people found the way cheese turned the thread round funny, then joined in, they are not behaving like sheep. They are reacting to something they find funny and joining in with it. There was no "only certain people can now post pics" warning. It was, as it always is, a free for all.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The beauty and also irony of the lounge is how quickly a thread gets buried .
    Its funny one minute and lost in all the other witty threads the next . Thats kinnda what always drew me here . I could post what I thought was a goofy reponce, got a few chuckles then never to be seen again .

The pic reponces are the best tho, a picture is worth than a thousand words ?

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss

The pic reponces are the best tho, a picture is worth than a thousand words ?
    That depends. Are we talking Canadian or American words?

On-topic: The juggernaut video was ok, as I was using my Mike Nelson account at the time it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. To me, my post was like one of those obscure pop culture references you get in Family Guy. They're freakin' hilarious, bitch!
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-22-2006 at 06:39 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    the cartewn was a bit boring though'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast