Thread: Flash template

Hey, I have a flash web template that I'm editing with flash 8. I'm doing ok except, i don't know how to hyperlink (i guess thats the right word).. for example, if you are reading text, and go to the part where it says
    read more

How do you create the link for it. Thanks in advance for your help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    You're familiar with Flash but don't know how to create a hyperlink?

Draw/type whatever you want > Go back to main scene > Open Library window and drag "filename" onto the stage > Open the Action window and insert the following

on(release)
    {
    getURL("http://www.website_name.com", "_blank");
    }

Obviously you'll want to input your own URL in there.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skizo, okay I'm familiar with it in the fact that I've figured out a few things on my own...I still have a huge learning curve.
    Here's what I've done. One of the pages of the templates was mostly text. I copied it to another name in the library, then edited the text. Now I want to make the read more point to the new page. Can I use the method you mentioned to do this? Thanks for your help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by bookwriter
    Skizo, okay I'm familiar with it in the fact that I've figured out a few things on my own...I still have a huge learning curve.
    Here's what I've done. One of the pages of the templates was mostly text. I copied it to another name in the library, then edited the text. Now I want to make the read more point to the new page. Can I use the method you mentioned to do this? Thanks for your help
    Yes.

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks so much Skizo!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have my moments.

yo