Thread: Universal plans film downloads

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/hollywood/website/images/tickets/logo-universal.gif]Universal Pictures International plans to debut the first “download to own” movie service in the United Kingdom, allowing customers to download digital versions of blockbuster movies for keeps when they purchase a DVD of the movie.

Starting in April, the media and entertainment company, in conjunction with U.K. DVD distributor LoveFilm, will offer customers a £19.99 ($34.83) package of products that includes a DVD, a copy to view on a portable DVD player, as well as two digital downloads for PC or laptop.

The first movie to be made available for download will be King Kong, starting on April 10.

Shares of the studio’s parent company, Vivendi Universal, rose $0.44 to $35.05 in recent trading.

Source: http://www.redherring.com/Article.as...bsector=Europe[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Why not just rip your dvd to the pc?? Then i can have unlimited copies and save money.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Well its a start I guess , but seems like alot money . Is that $39.00 CND . ? I 'm sure theres some encription involved to safe guard against us filesharers !
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-25-2006 at 03:31 AM.

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    it's a good idea (insane price). the more these types of legit things grow, the more they will think all the filesharers have "given up" and declare victory.