Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottish smoking ban.

Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Do any of our Scottish members smoke? If so, then do you agree with the smoking ban in enclosed public places, and how are you going to cope?

I've visions of grubby local pubs lifting the rooves off the buildings.

I smoke but I agree with the ban. I gave up in January, but pubs were my downfall. If it was illegal to smoke in them it would be so much easier to give up.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    Do any of our Scottish members smoke? If so, then do you agree with the smoking ban in enclosed public places, and how are you going to cope?

I smoke but I agree with the ban. I gave up in January, but pubs were my downfall. If it was illegal to smoke in them it would be so much easier to give up.
    I'll quit when I die.

Peace bd

3. Lounge   -   #3
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

Removal of the roove may not make it legal. Certain bus shelters will count as enclosed public places, depending on how enclosed they are. As will the cabs of HGV vehicles.

The smoking ban is a good thing, there is no justification for smokers forcing their foul reek on other customers and staff.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Removal of the roof may not make it legal. Certain bus shelters will count as enclosed public places, depending on how enclosed they are. As will the cabs of HGV vehicles.

The smoking ban is a good thing, there is no justification for smokers forcing their foul reek on other customers and staff.

I agree it's a good thing. I just wonder how smokers will cope and whether pubs will see an increase in violent incidences or a decrease in trade as a result.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Removal of the roof may not make it legal. Certain bus shelters will count as enclosed public places, depending on how enclosed they are. As will the cabs of HGV vehicles.

I agree it's a good thing. I just wonder how smokers will cope and whether pubs will see an increase in violent incidences or a decrease in trade as a result.
    I don't think there will be a decrease in trade. I think we will get the following.

1. Some pubs / publicans will ignore the ban and carry on as before. The Man's pubs if you will.

2. Some people will smoke at pub doors etc. This will lead to them smoking less, which will be an additional benefit to not passive smoking for 4 hours.

3. Some people will realize that they can do without and give up.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    my pub has a smoking shelter put up in the back garden.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider_dude
    my pub has a smoking shelter put up in the back garden.
    There you go, job's a good 'un.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I presently live in a country that prohibits
    smoking in ALL public arenas

This law was enforced in July (of course)

Since then 1000s of out door terraces have sprung up (with heating)

when you drive home at night you see alot more action outside on the streets xauz the smokers are taking..a smoke amd chatting with each other
    this has been benificial to the sex lives of many

this is very benificial to this country (but not me) because its inhabitants tend to hibernate in the winter going from indoors to indoors - hence it is benificial to the Street Life of the bation

it suks moose shit

i luv it when you take a plane to 3rd world country and all is possible

time to move

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    I presently live in a country that prohibits
    smoking in ALL public arenas

This law was enforced in July (of course)

Since then 1000s of out door terraces have sprung up (with heating)

when you drive home at night you see alot more action outside on the streets xauz the smokers are taking..a smoke amd chatting with each other
    this has been benificial to the sex lives of many

this is very benificial to this country (but not me) because its inhabitants tend to hibernate in the winter going from indoors to indoors - hence it is benificial to the Street Life of the bation

it suks moose shit

time to move
    Ain't that the truth.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%

scotland's not that bad

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast