Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are Any Of You Guys Actual Criminals?

Poster
    Ignorance and awareness are in reality and law two separate things.

I have been committed for my lack of mental hygiene from time to time, but that was a 'civil' matter which was settled to almost everyone's satisfaction.

As someone said in another post possession may be 9/10 of the law, but I hope I displaced that notion by referring to the odd exception. Equity's darling ie a bona fide purchaser who takes title without knowledge of any wrongdoing in the chain of custody can dispossess another.

I am not suggesting for one minute that there is any analogy of sorts with 'ownership' of one's mind, which of course can't be commodified in any way and bought, traded or otherwise dealt with by any third party, either wittingly or unwittingly. To suggest that is the case would be far fetched and fanciful.

There are also a litany of cases....in property law....regarding those who 'find' property rightfully belonging to another and at what point they can be legally said to rightfully claim ownership of the said property in dispute and thus dispossess the rightful owner of the property of their title.

Once again no analogy with the mind is suggested by any necessary implication.

One can take a leave of absence with or without notice of their minds, and I think it could be fairly argued that in a fashion, notional or actual ownership of the mind can be said to vest in another for the purposes of conducting certain transactions whilst the person is out to lunch.

Hold that thought whilst I absent myself.....

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    It depends where I am when I skin up!
    cheers,
    Bass.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Fasttracker A
    Yo Im a pimp a poacher a pirate and a motherfucking proprietor.
    Ima bussiness man

4. Lounge   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    In 1968 I helped "steal" the Olympic flame and then return it to the Mexican Embassy in D.C.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    WE ALL ARE, INSTALLING KAZAA IS A CRIME (lol basicly)

6. Lounge   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@26 April 2003 - 11:58
    In 1968 I helped "steal" the Olympic flame and then return it to the Mexican Embassy in D.C.
    Like to hear the particulars on THAT escapade sometime.

Quite a significant Olympics, historically.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #37
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    I don't want to be a party pooper but....

...I think posting a list of your crimes on a forum may not be the
    wisest of choices....Call me crazy!!!!!!

Once I....Never mind.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    I am not a cop, lol.

But its no big deal, I was just curious.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@25 April 2003 - 21:48
    Ignorance and awareness are in reality and law two separate things.

Chloe, your rants and comments have to be some of the most entertaining to read on the whole board... good times for all...

I myself have some minor trouble. Mostly drinking offenses, etc. Couple MIP's, back in the day, im 24 now, one i still havent appeared for.... whooops... (shhhhh&#33.... stolen a bit in the past, in my youth. A few bar fights, a night in jail in Myrtle Beach last summer for public intox... when i nearly isingle handedly incited a racial riot... (big mistake, not proud of it, and thank god i didnt get in trouble for that, as i got busted for intox first). Disproved, and prosecuted false sexual assault charges by my ex gf (of 3 years)/future fiance at the time... (pressured from her new bf to do it, while she was still sleeping with me... what a mess)...

Ya, last summer was bad... buy im past it now, lol....

10. Lounge   -   #40
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    ok, 1987
    i was born, arrested for being white, 1988, running naked through neighbourhood, was beaten with a hose by an old man, somehow in 1990 i ended up in this place called pre-school, dunno what i did to get there. got into a fight with some kid over a tonka truck, 2 years later, i enter school. a fight a week at the least. 12, left sydney due to an incident with my neighbours, wont go into detail, 13 many crazy black friends in brisbane, stole cars for 2 years, join some posse namely "cripps", stole plenty of stuff, cought by cops about 7 times and ran 4 of those times from their custody , and the most recent incident, i was hacking from a school computer and somehow was traced, then i was sitting in the headmasters office and got sick of waiting so i walked out to a green plastic bin by the sports oval, packed it with everybodies deodorant cans and styrophoam mixed with fuel, (makes a nice flamable goo very sticky and leathal when lit.) and i lit it, singed my right eyebrow, and ran off with my sleeve on fire, soon put it out, but about 30 seconds later BOOOOOOMMM!, suspended for a week, it was cooool.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast