Thread: Anyone Have This Problem With Cucusoft?

RN7th0203
    after u convert your avi file to mpeg then use dvd author to make your vob files everything is fine, but after u burn the vob files whether it be on a dvd-r disc or a dvd-rw disc the picture kind of jumps throughout the whole movie and sticks a lil. anyone have this problem? and if itz possible can someone give me the best avi to dvd program, thx

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ouxly40's Avatar I have it!
    Without a doubt - Canopus Procoder 2

The first transcoder I bought was cucusoft. I liked it until i tried a few others.
    Last edited by ouxly40; 03-27-2006 at 05:28 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RN7th0203
    Quote Originally Posted by ouxly40
    Without a doubt - Canopus Procoder 2

The first transcoder I bought was cucusoft. I liked it until i tried a few others.
    much appreciated

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If I want to change from PAL to NTSC (most converters give a choppy result because of dropped frames), I use Avi2Dvd and its HCenc encoder set to Best/Mpeg. If the video is also 16x9 you will need IfoEdit as well to edit the two Ifo's before making an iso to remove the auto pan&scan function so that the movie doesn't go off screen to the sides on a non widescreen TV. Its pretty easy, run ifoedit open the video_ts folder you will see 2 ifo's, open each and in the bottom pane look for the 16x9 movie line double click it and uncheck auto pan&scan then save and also save the bup when prompted. You don't need to mess with the menu line.
    All programs mentioned here are freeware and have great support and tutorials on sites like VideoHelp.com and Doom9.org and are also available for download from there.
    When I don't need to change from pal to ntsc I use virtual dub then TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc Dvd Author, the last is not available as freeware.

Remember fast is not best when it comes to reconverting a compressed file (divx, xvid) back up to dvd size. The programs that take a long time to do it, do it best.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 03-28-2006 at 03:25 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    RN7th0203
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien
    If I want to change from PAL to NTSC (most converters give a choppy result because of dropped frames), I use Avi2Dvd and its HCenc encoder set to Best/Mpeg. If the video is also 16x9 you will need IfoEdit as well to edit the two Ifo's before making an iso to remove the auto pan&scan function so that the movie doesn't go off screen to the sides on a non widescreen TV. Its pretty easy, run ifoedit open the video_ts folder you will see 2 ifo's, open each and in the bottom pane look for the 16x9 movie line double click it and uncheck auto pan&scan then save and also save the bup when prompted. You don't need to mess with the menu line.
    All programs mentioned here are freeware and have great support and tutorials on sites like VideoHelp.com and Doom9.org and are also available for download from there.
    When I don't need to change from pal to ntsc I use virtual dub then TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc Dvd Author, the last is not available as freeware.

Remember fast is not best when it comes to reconverting a compressed file (divx, xvid) back up to dvd size. The programs that take a long time to do it, do it best.
    thank u