I was greatful to a Kazaa lite user that informed me I was sharing files with a P2P virus that my Virus checker had somehow missed.
Following his excellent instructions I was able to remove the files and clean my computer.
I wondered if there was a way to easily check periodically myself without looking through registry entries.
The solution I came up with is detailed below.
1. If you have a home network, set up a second Kaaza Lite account on another computer.
2. Using KazuperNodes set both computers to the same supernode, doesn't matter which one you choose.
3. On the second computer search for a file known to be in the main computers search folder.
4. Expand the search result to see individual users then select the entry that relates to you.
5. Right click and select "Find More From Same | User"
You can now ensure that you are only sharing the files you intend to share.
An alternative is to have a friend conect to the same supernode so that you can check each others files.
This could be used to download files from a specific user, but there are better ways.