Thread: I Didnt Know They Do That

I was just checking out http://www.nforce.nl and found some people(in particular Bad ass Mutha Vcd) are now doing dvd-r images, the particular image was Star trek The Next Generation dvds, these img have everything menus and 5.1 Dolby included, it's a pity i dont have a dvd burner and i cant see me downloading 94 files X 50mb on 56k that's 4.7 gb

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    cool~
    but until faster speed internet connection n dvd writers dun cost u a fortune...
    i guess this would jus be a luxury to those who r fortunate enough to owe any of the above.
    cant see myself willing to wait days on ends jus to download a 4.5GB dvd...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    i have 1mb so the download thing isnt so bad, but i dont have a dvd burner, can you not burn them as a vcd?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by tringer@25 April 2003 - 17:38
    i have 1mb so the download thing isnt so bad, but i dont have a dvd burner, can you not burn them as a vcd?
    No, the files are DVD-R images. You wouldn't download a 4 gig file if you only wanted a VCD. Just download the 700mb VCD version. Anyway, it takes me about 8 hours to download 4.5 gigs, a full DVD-R disk, and another 25 to burn it to disk. It will probably take longer unless you have a good newsgroup connection. I pay a monthly fee for mine, and I get 8 similtaneous connections at 240k, plus I have very fast cable.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Proffesional Dumbass
    i wish i had a bvb burner it would make life so much easier