Thread: PSP, who has one?

worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Ok, since the iPod is not that good,
    who here has or had a PSP?.
    I just saw it is very sheap at BestBuy, so Im wondering how compatible with stuff is it.

See, the thing is that I love my music, so I have to burn CD-Rw every now and then, depending on what I want to listen, so a Portable system would be perfect.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I've had a psp. The best ones you want to get are version 1.5 because it lets you run alot of homebrew or I guess homemade program like emulators that alow you to run games from Snes, Nes, Sega etc. Also program like turning the psp into a remote control for more info go to www.pspupdates.com. The max amount of memory the psp ca handle is 4GB and those are pricey you would prob end up spending 500 with just a psp and 4gb together. Not sure how much the psp costs now so maybe a little less. Anyways I think it is to big to be listening to music with it for long periods of time. The games graphics are a little less then the Ps2.

Anyways I ended up selling my psp because I don't even play games on it and play music only and bought me a Creative Zen 30gb and lovin it too.
    Systems Specs
    -----------------------------------
    O/S: Windows Xp Service Pack 2
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4
    Speed: 2.6 ghz
    Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 6800 128MB DDR SDRAM
    Ram: 1Gig of ram
    Comp Model: Hp Pavilion a250n

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i have a psp, yeah the kid above is right, dont think about getting the 199 deal, rumors say that it contains a firmware 2.6 or higher, and that version of firmware is not downgradable to 1.5

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Well I'll tell you this you won't find a 1.5 version psp at any store. You may find it on ebay. Version 2.0 has been cracked and can do almost what 1.5 can do except the IR capabilities that 1.5 can do such as turning the Psp into a Universal Remote. 2.0+ Is slowly being cracked 2.6 has a few homebrew games but now much.
    Systems Specs

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    If you want a portable music player, then to be honest i highly suggest that you buy a player that's dedicated to actually playing music rather than a PSP. You see, the thing is, PSP needs memory sticks, and unless you're really rich or something, you'll probably only get like either 1 2GB stick, or a few 1GB sticks or something like that. But when you look at it, you buy the PSP for lets say £140, 2 1GB sticks for around £50 each if you shop around, you're spending £240 on less than 2GB of memory (because of formatting of the stick), so you may as well just buy like a 20GB mp3 player for that kind of money.

If you really do see yourself buying one for all the other features like games and videos etc., then i'm not stopping you. But if you want it mainly for music i would suggest you think about it first.
    Last edited by mike45450; 04-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    he is right, from the above, it would be more benifical to get an actual mp3 player.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by worldpease
    Ok, since the iPod is not that good,

since when r ipods not that good? had mine over a year and love it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The Creative Zen 30gb Media Player is WAAAAY better!
    Systems Specs

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I have a PSP. I love my PSP. I have 30+ PSP games stored on my PC.