Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Software to remotely download torrents

Hi everyone,
    There are times when I am away from home and come across a torrent I would like to download, I use utorrent and so far it doesnt have the ability to remotely activate torrent downloads...not sure about azureus. I was thinking of writing some software that would reside on your home computer and would allow you to "Send" it the .torrent file and it would automatically start the torrent download using your fav torrent download program.

Would this be usefull to anyone?

Thanks
    ymee

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    you could always ftp the .torrent home, and have your favourite app pick it up...thats what i used to do with .nzbs
    <insert signature here>

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thats true but that means setting up a ftp server at home and opening ports in the firewall etc. I was thinking along the lines of emailing the torrent to your personal account and the app would scan the email, find the .torrent file and start the download for you....would that be usefull to anyone?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    This sounds pretty useful. I would use it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    you could use remote access.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    the easyest way ... in my opinion .. is to use azureus and it's swing interface or java ... set up the password and port for the interface and after that u're set to go and u can upload any torrent that is on the remote machine, u can stop , pause , delete , and much more . and think this is the best chioce u can have .. enjoy .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I would like to have a soft like that, I always see the best torrents when I at work, and I always forget to download at home...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ymee
    thats true but that means setting up a ftp server at home and opening ports in the firewall etc. I was thinking along the lines of emailing the torrent to your personal account and the app would scan the email, find the .torrent file and start the download for you....would that be usefull to anyone?
    that would be totally dope. i'd use it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    horia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by the_base_head
    Quote Originally Posted by ymee
    that would be totally dope. i'd use it.
    in my opinion way to complicated...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Possibly write it as an extension to Thunderbird?

If you can add it as an extra filter action you can use standard filter features to trigger the action and at the same time block malicious emails by using a phrase that is only known to the user.

The option for performing the default action is already implemented in Thunderbird so activating that function should be easy enough.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast