Thread: Logitech X-530 middle speaker regedit help

Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers and i successfully got all 4 out of 5 speakers to work except the middle speaker. I remember long time ago i had to change something in the registry by changing the value to 1. It was like middle_speaker 1 or somthing like that. I can't find the site i used before and just wondering if anybody else can help me with this.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Try going to control panel > sounds > sounds > advanced and set it to 5.1

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    What sound card?
    With mine, I have the nvidia sound drivers installed which comes with 'nvmixer'...if i open that i can choose how many speakers and turn certain ones off.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yea everything is set right its just soemthing in the regedit i have to edit but i just cant find the website forum that told me how to do it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try going into HKEY Local machine > software > Logitech and look around, maybe it will spark your memory. If your goung to try something its a good idea to highlite the entire section you want to play with and export it to save it somewhere you can find and reinstall if necessary (desktop, temp folder you create, directly under your C drive (root of C).

I have use logitech speakers on several computers and have never had to enter the registry to fix them. I have the 530's too but I use them on a TV.

I once had to switch around my front and rear speakers to get the center to work with creative sound card and speakers. Its ok to fool around here as long as you stick to speaker connections you can't hurt anything. Sometimes the color coding on the wires is not the same as on the card.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 04-03-2006 at 12:12 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Alright after countless hours of searching i finally found it!

1. Click Start->Run

2. Type in regedit and press enter

3. click
    Edit
    |
    |
    \/
    Find

3. Type in createcenter ,

4. Double click the value and change it to 1.

5. Reboot

Finally, now all my speakers work.