Thread: Burning Problem

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this, but there it goes.
    I have downloaded a video from Kazaa as a .mpg extension. Now i try to copy it into a cd but i cant.
    I use nero 5 and, and the toaster is a liteon.

Any sugestions?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Very Large Member
    THISsite will tell you all you need to know mate.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Make sure the video is short enough to fit on your CD (74 or 80 minutes, depending on your CD-R's). If it's not, use TMPGenc to split it. Also, just because it has a .mpg extension, doesn't mean it's a standard VCD mpeg. If you convert it with TMPGenc, it'll make it burnable.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    The cd´s r 90 min.
    but i have a problem after a quarter of the film is copya. Nero says "error command SCDI/IDE" and stop burning.
    Also when i try to use TMPGEnc, a window is display saying that file is usnopported (Las dos torres cd 2 , the two towers cd 2, 694 MB)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hmmmm. This actually sounds like two different problems. The fact that TMPGenc says 'unsupported' suggests that either you don't have the correct codec installed (which you should if you have Windows Media Player), or it's not really an mpeg and some evil person just changed the extension. Are you able to watch the video with Windows Media Player? It could also be a corrupt file. You might want to try downloading it with eMule, because it has much better error correction than Kazaa. Be prepared to wait, though.

But the fact that Nero actually starts burning but stops part way through and gives you a SCSI/IDE error message suggests a hardware problem. Have you burned other files in the past? Are you sure your burner is set up right and working OK? The only other suggestion I have is try using an 80 minute CD-R. I've heard the 90 minute ones are unreliable, but I can't say for sure as I've never tried them.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hi "nightwolf" about the codecs I updeted them few days ago, also I am able to watch it not with WMP but with "REALONE".
    About the hardware problem it is possible, but I been able to burn before, even the 90 min cd´s. is it nero relaible ? ,is it any other software for burnin?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nero is generally considered to be the best. Are you saying the file does not play at all in WMP? If that's the case then it's definately labeled wrong. Maybe it's really a .rm file. If you have the K-Lite codec pack, use the program called Gspot that came with it to determine exactly which audio and video codecs are needed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    GSpot says that all the codecs are installed, and not errors are reported:
    audio: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
    video: xvid

I am using VirtualDub and when I open the file a message is dispaly:

VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header standard CBR values during processing for better compatibility. This may produce up to 26663 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder.(bitrate: 137.5 ¹ 20.6 kbps)

so i followed the instructions, created a new wav file but when i try to compile together with the video stream I get such a hugefile that do not fit in my HD. I am a newbebie and not sure exactly how to use "virtualdub" and if is possible to compress the file at the same time of joining the video and audio...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by valigula@2 May 2003 - 21:00
    so i followed the instructions, created a new wav file but when i try to compile together with the video stream I get such a hugefile that do not fit in my HD. I am a newbebie and not sure exactly how to use "virtualdub" and if is possible to compress the file at the same time of joining the video and audio...
    When you first open Virtualdub, try going to the Video menu at the top and selecting Compression to choose the codec you want to use. Then join the .wav with the video and save it. I think that will make it a compressed .avi. If your file is still too big for your hard drive, try a different codec.

This is turning into such a hassle for you, it might just be easier to look for a different version of that movie either on Kazaa or eMule.