Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Happened

Poster
    Echinda is so anti american that his posts no longer hold any validity
    Your right "cheeseweasle"
    You sound extremely like the left in this country.
    France has no honor.
    How sad.
    I bet you Love my name.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    hypoluxa3k
    i'm proud to be anti-american (not just anti US Gov)!
    they want to rule the world and the american people go along with it and love it!
    they want to send Muslims the same way as the Native Americans!
    YOU AIN'T GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE, YOU YANK MOTHERFUCKER!!!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@16 May 2003 - 05:05
    they want to rule the world and the american people go along with it and love it!
    wow. how ignorant. have you ever stepped foot in the united states, even if you dont want to? u dont know any americans...dont lie.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Poster
    hehehe
    I love being called a Yank!!
    I love it!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@16 May 2003 - 11:05
    This makes me sick on both sides of the line its people like this that make this world a bad place

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    hypoluxa3k

Yeah, I know what you mean. The USA is such a terrible country. That's why so many people are lining up, begging to be allowed to immigrate to Syria and Iran ... and why US immigration offices lie dormant with officials having virtually nothing to do. I mean, really, who wants to live here anyway?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@24 May 2003 - 13:50
    hypoluxa3k

Yeah, I know what you mean. The USA is such a terrible country. That's why so many people are lining up, begging to be allowed to immigrate to Syria and Iran ... and why US immigration offices lie dormant with officials having virtually nothing to do. I mean, really, who wants to live here anyway?

and the U.S. definetly doesn't give billions of dollars of aid to other countries... its the other way around!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    kAb wrote:

and the U.S. definetly doesn't give billions of dollars of aid to other countries... its the other way around!
    Yeah (sigh) ... I guess it's the cross we have to bear for being such an unloved country.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by OlderThanDirt@24 May 2003 - 17:05
    kAb wrote:

Yeah (sigh) ... I guess it's the cross we have to bear for being such an unloved country.
    kAb & OTD-

You both seem to be in agreement with me on this point (tell me if I'm wrong):

Nobody who frequents this forum who isn't a U.S. citizen seems to have the imagination to put themselves in our shoes, however vicariously.

This can't help but sound overly righteous, but it IS ONLY AN EXERCISE.

I've attempted, on other occasions, to help them try:

Imagine you have the power, financial, military, what-have-you, and the altruistic inclination to HELP-anywhere in the world. You are willing to spend the lives of your own to render aid.
    You literally have whatever it takes to vanquish evil (subject to definition), equalize any playing field, cure (almost) any ill, and the will to help in almost any situation- in most cases, without compensation.
    You know, as the world's leading consumer of goods and resources, as well as being the richest and most powerful country on Earth, you have a duty to do so; not "sharing" would be sinful.

Your giving is boundless; if some disaster befell your erstwhile ally, France (even FRANCE), you would be on the scene, doing whatever it took, doing whatever needed to be done.

You know, also, that this altruism will not result in anything approaching universal respect, indeed, the likelihood is just the opposite.

Do you take your ball and go home? Do you attack those who betray you?
    Do you refuse aid? Do you close your borders? Do you adopt isolationism as your overarching foreign policy?

No. You can't.

Cuz you're the United States of America

Ah-I guess you have to live here, huh? B)
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    That about says it all, j2k4. Bravo for putting it so eloquently.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast