Thread: Tv Out-put

hey, im sorta a newbie at this, is there a way to change my TV Out jack into a TV In so i can record movies or whatever.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    no

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    ...You need to buy a TV/Video capture card. That will let you record (or copy) video into your computer. You can watch television with most cards. Use your computer as a VCR.

Make sure, if you buy a capture card, that it has "normal" inputs. Coaxial, RCA, SVIDEO, etc...
    Any video device can plug into it. VCRs, Camcorders (use that as a webcam), DVD players, etc...

When buying one, save yourself a lot of hassle. Choose a high-end brand. I have owned a few of those cheap brands and can't find XP drivers for them. Find a capture card that records directly to MPGs. Converting recorded AVIs to MPG is a waste of time, unless you plan on editing them for quality.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Are you talking about recording (on a VCR) movies that you play on your TV through you computer? If you are...RCA out (vid card)>video in (on VCR). get an adaptor to change your soundcards headphone jack to a RCA jack and plug that into>audio in (on VCR). Use either RCA, or coax (cable) from VCR>TV....good to go

If it's the other way around, Spindulik answered your question

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thankz born, but the other prob is that the res is messed up, like i turn it to 400-600 and it works better but like when i play DIVX it crops most of it in 1027-800, i tried to get the most update the drivers

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    n00b
    born is correct. I use Win dvd set to run full screen on TV. Clone TV / VCR to PC using video card, connect cables as discribed. All in one cable can be bought of net. Mine around £15 because of length. No need to worry about res. Runs in window on PC. Make sure when recording that you do not use PC program running sound or it will come out on Video. Get real good quality recording. Hope this is of some use.