Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skills

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    My skill would be knowing that a '73 Volvo isn't worth fixing.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Lounge   -   #12
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    Change out a transmission on 1973 volvo?
    Change out a timing belt on a 76' honda? Never tried either of these but i can fix most things
    Disassemble most military small arms, clean, re-assemble, and fire them, Including: .45 acp, m16, ak47, ect... i live in England that's not fair, anyways i thought small arms meant handguns?
    Carpentry? the sawing and shaving bits - yes. making it useful - no
    Work with metal? ditto
    Play a musical instrument? i bash drums good
    Sew? yep, easy
    Build a fire 3 different ways, and light it 3 different ways without using a match? 1) sticks (dry, small) and paper 2) charcoal and lighter fluid 3) err, lighting them - does molotov count?
    Know 4 different methods of hand-to-hand combat? i know of loads, i know Wing Chun, American Kickboxing, and 2 techniques from Tae Kwon Do
    Fix electronic equipment? yes, go to shop, buy new fuse, insert fuse
    Drive a car? i'm not legal till June, so i'll tell you then
    Pilot a boat? yes, once. they stopped me though cause i drove a little close to a sub!!!
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. Lounge   -   #13
    hm... what am i good at... would you like point or paragraph form?lol
    here's point:
    -fencing
    -drumming
    -vid-games
    -stuff on comps
    -swimming
    -rock climing
    -reading/making music
    -freestyle skiing (twintips all the way&#33
    -making up excuses on the spot

and thats only a few!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    I remember spending hours on a friend's '73 Volvo that the AC compressor kept falling off of. I finally triangulated it with two pieces of 1.5'' by 1/8" strap, drilling and tapping the block. And the damn thing didn't fall off any more. They weren't too familiar with AC in Sweden, and many of their workers sabotaged the Volvos heading for the States, anyway. Oh, I'm pretty good at some of the other skills mentioned also. I was the first person to take a low-volume kayak down the Grand Canyon. Does that count?

5. Lounge   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@25 April 2003 - 19:17
    I was the first person to take a low-volume kayak down the Grand Canyon. Does that count?
    Impressive.

Did you then put it in the water?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Lounge   -   #16
    i can burn through paper with acid
    which is always a handy skill to have, you never know when it'll come in useful

7. Lounge   -   #17
    i forgot to mention that i know how to kill a person with my bare hands i 6 different ways... is that a good thing to know?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    i think any kind of killage is worth an extra few points in my estrimation. as long as i don't get a demo first hand, that might be dangerous

9. Lounge   -   #19
    as i said... i KNOW... i havn't tried it out in full, but i've "played" it out

10. Lounge   -   #20
    lol, kinda like me KNOWING how to become a millionaire but not being able to

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast