Thread: 24 - from the very start - Does it exist as high def?

Hi.

I live in London. I have never seen 24 - I want to watch Season 1 (Day 1) - in high def

I have been searching for NZBs, and I can find s01e02 and s01e03 in HDTV, but nothing else

In the UK we haven't even got hidef (yet) - so I was looking forward to watching these

I'm totally new to this website by the way (and to NZBs). I hope to rip and upload content myself soon

thanks

Ryan

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Good luck with that. The average HD episode weighs in at 3.2gb, times that by 24 and you've got a hefty download on you hands (80gb).

You could get a decent DivX release at around 9gb on Torrentspy for the whole series if you can bare to watch it at a slightly reduced quality.

However you get it, I recommend watching the whole first series in one sitting.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Good luck with that. The average HD episode weighs in at 3.2gb, times that by 24 and you've got a hefty download on you hands (80gb).

You could get a decent DivX release at around 9gb on Torrentspy for the whole series if you can bare to watch it at a slightly reduced quality.

Yeah I figured it would have to be xvid or divx - that is fine. It will still be higher quality than DVD/standard def tv releases

Shame I can't find it on usenet

I'll head over to torrentspy now. Thanks for the help - appreciate it

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.Maloney

Yeah I figured it would have to be xvid or divx - that is fine. It will still be higher quality than DVD/standard def tv releases

Enjoy the show. The only thing I can see on Newzbin is the DVD's of the show.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5

Do you have to pay for Newzbin? is it worth it?

I have been using binsearch.net - it is free - and it appears to be the same thing?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Do you have to pay for Newzbin? is it worth it?

I have been using binsearch.net - it is free - and it appears to be the same thing?
    Yeah, it's 25p a week. I purchased 6 months worth of credit for around £6. I haven't used other sites to be honest but I have had no problems with Newzbin and neglible downtime. It's just a matter of a search and a click and my download starts throgh Grabit.

I think the minimum top-up is 8 weeks so it would be like £2 to try it out, cheaper than a pint...

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Ryan.Maloney..U can find it at http://www.tvtorrents.com/..it will be in avi though..U can use VSO Divx to DVD TO CONVERT IT TO DVD..I strongly recomend that U only put 4 episodes to Disc in DVD format [for quality reasons]