Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I view only new posts since last visit

Question Mark

Hi
    Would somebody pse tell me how I can see only posts which are new since my last visit to the forum?
    Clicking on the New Posts button at the top doesn't seem to do it - new posts appear, but so do ones I've already seen.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    That button works for me

I use it all the time.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'm not pse, so I dunno' if I'm qualified but afaik the new posts buttons shows the latest posts made on the forum in chronological order.

If you only want to look at posts you haven't read, I s'pose you'll just have to avoid the threads that don't have one of them icons indicating the topic is unread.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Thanks guys.
    Looking at it more closely, since they are in reverse chronological order, I can just read down to the last time I came on and ignore the rest.
    Just that I'm used to not seeing previous posts on other forums.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    As far as I recall it shows threads that have new posts you havent read. So even if youve read a thread it will show it if it has a new post in it. If you only want to see new threads we could add the the ability to sort by Thread Start Date which is already in the regular forums. Additionally Ive been thinking there should be a Mark Forums Read link at the bottom like on the main page...

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The New Posts button lists new threads since your last visit, as well as existing ones that contain new posts since then. They're listed in reverse chronological order of each threads last post

As you go through the pages you'll find that the board draws a line under those threads and then lists those threads that haven't received new posts since your last vist, but still contain unread posts.

Threads you have read or marked as such, and with no new posts, are not shown.

All clear?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    ... Additionally Ive been thinking there should be a Mark Forums Read link at the bottom like on the main page...
    There already is a "Mark Forums Read" link.

Look in the center of the divider bar near the bottom of the forum index.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    ... Additionally Ive been thinking there should be a Mark Forums Read link at the bottom like on the main page...

That's what he's talking about, the 'Mark Forums Read' button on the main page - did you think that somehow he'd missed it.

I speak RealitY and he meant that there should be a button like that in the sub forums too, rather that feck about with the 'forum tools' menu.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

That's what he's talking about, the 'Mark Forums Read' button on the main page - did you think that somehow he'd missed it.

I speak RealitY and he meant that there should be a button like that in the sub forums too, rather that feck about with the 'forum tools' menu.
    /reported

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10

Meant on the the page generated when you click New Posts which was the basis of this thread. Seems to make sense to have a Mark Forums Read at the bottom of that page. That way after your done scrolling though New Posts its there. Anyway its done now...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-08-2006 at 07:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast