Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion, bloom help

SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Im running the game on these specs
    CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ 1659 MHz
    RAM size : 1,023.48 MB
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Video card: Radeon 9600 pro 512mb

Every thing is on medium
    bloom is but it doesn't work is this becouse its Ati or becouse its just a crappy card, and is there any way to fix this or should I just leave it whithout bloom?

Thanks
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

2. Games   -   #2
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGray
    Im running the game on these specs
    CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ 1659 MHz
    RAM size : 1,023.48 MB
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    Video card: Radeon 9600 pro 512mb

Every thing is on medium
    bloom is but it doesn't work is this becouse its Ati or becouse its just a crappy card, and is there any way to fix this or should I just leave it whithout bloom?

Thanks
    i have a 9600 and bloom works, do u have the latest drivers installed?

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

3. Games   -   #3
    well I tried installing the latest drivers and it fucked up and im not sure if they actually went in correctly, ill try again though then Ill check and report thanks

edit- Catalyst 6.3 Windows XP - Driver Download this right?
    also is this required AVIVO Video Converter Engine or can I skip it?
    Last edited by SirGray; 04-08-2006 at 09:02 PM.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

4. Games   -   #4
    ok I installed Catalyst 6.3 Windows XP - Driver but while it was installing it said Extracting display drivers - Failed process or program already in use then it skips it and installs the catalyst control center so im not sure it work no matter what I do that part always fails....

Yup bloom still doesnt work I dont know how to make it install correctly...
    Last edited by SirGray; 04-08-2006 at 09:55 PM.

5. Games   -   #5
    Vlux
    I got the demo, very amazing game.

6. Games   -   #6
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGray
    ok I installed Catalyst 6.3 Windows XP - Driver but while it was installing it said Extracting display drivers - Failed process or program already in use then it skips it and installs the catalyst control center so im not sure it work no matter what I do that part always fails....

Yup bloom still doesnt work I dont know how to make it install correctly...
    fully uninstall the drivers, do a driver clearner, reboot, then install fresh drivers

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

7. Games   -   #7
    do you really care? i've got a nvidia 4000 series gfx card so i've had to use the dodgy patched executable and shaders and hte game crashes regularly, but i'm still enjoying it.
    Its kinda shit that bethesda haven't bothered to try and make it compatible with graphics cards out there and so loads of peeps are having problems, but even if you whack down the resolution (mines at 800x600) and turn off loads of the special shit like pretty trees, grass and water its still a frickin sweet game.
    If you're dead set on getting everything as good as it can be, then there might be info on the main oblivion forums...
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...p?showforum=23
    personally i'd just give up, the game is good enough without the sweetass graphics.

8. Games   -   #8
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    do you really care? i've got a nvidia 4000 series gfx card so i've had to use the dodgy patched executable and shaders and hte game crashes regularly, but i'm still enjoying it.
    Its kinda shit that bethesda haven't bothered to try and make it compatible with graphics cards out there and so loads of peeps are having problems, but even if you whack down the resolution (mines at 800x600) and turn off loads of the special shit like pretty trees, grass and water its still a frickin sweet game.
    If you're dead set on getting everything as good as it can be, then there might be info on the main oblivion forums...
    http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/i...p?showforum=23
    personally i'd just give up, the game is good enough without the sweetass graphics.
    'nuff said

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

9. Games   -   #9
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    if you have a radion card; there's a hotfix availible on the ATi site, that haxes HDR

runs smooth as.... but crashes

neway, i made a demo to prove (partly to myself) that it works

10. Games   -   #10
    Ya I fully uninstalled the drivers and restarted and everything, But It never worked ill just play without it, still rocks!, thanks for the help though Guyver

I may get a Nvidea 6600 gt in the near future does any one know what lvl of graphics you can play on with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast