Thread: Microsoft To Compete With Google And Yahoo With Upcoming Search Services

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    [news=http://www.playfuls.com/scitech/gimages/msns.jpg]In an attempt to catch up with Google's and Yahoo's search services and establish a better competitive position, Microsoft is enhancing its Windows Live portfolio with two more customer-oriented search services: Product Search and Academic Search.

Similar to Google's Froogle and Yahoo's Shopping service, Microsoft Live Product Search will allow the user to search for various products taking into consideration extra criteria such as category, brand, seller or other specific keywords, also offering a price comparison possibility.

"It is also rumored that as well as including expert or user-provided buying guides, Product Search will also provide access to discussions on products from articles and blog posts, something Froogle does not yet do," wrote Chris Overd, one of the authors posting on LiveSide blog.

Source: http://www.playfuls.com/news_02016_M..._Services.html[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    I'd have thought catching up with the standard Google search would be the priority.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Knocky's Avatar SomeBloke
    Cheers for notifying us, will keep tabs on that one

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    More copying?? Microsoft just can't get it that THEY SUCK WITH ANYTHING THEY MAKE HAVING TO DO WITH THE INTERNET!!

IE SUCKS
    OUTLOOK SUCKS
    MSN INTERNET SUCKS
    MSN SEARCH SUCKS

The only thing i like is that Windows Live Messanger.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    More copying?? Microsoft just can't get it that THEY SUCK WITH ANYTHING THEY MAKE HAVING TO DO WITH THE INTERNET!!

IE SUCKS
    OUTLOOK SUCKS
    MSN INTERNET SUCKS
    MSN SEARCH SUCKS

The only thing i like is that Windows Live Messanger.
    ASP.NET seems to be popular.

Seriously, if you don't like the software, just leave it be. It's not as if everyone here has been granted a VLK copy of XP.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    IM just saying that we don't need a crappy version of some software we already have.