Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! XP Needs to be activated?!

Poster
    I have an original (yes) copy of XP. I have a desktop PC and a laptop for somework that's not going to be connected to the internet, I installed my original XP onto the laptop, but didn't want to register it in case my main PC failed and I needed to install XP on that and I'd already wasted a registration on a laptop that isn't as crucial as my desktop.

I installed XP on the laptop and used an authentication crack in which I replaced WinLogon with a cracked copy, and used two programs, Reset2 and popup.bat which got rid of the 30-day limit thing, or so I thought. Now (30 days later, I think) Windows wont start up and says I need to register and asks if I want to. When I say Yes, it just makes the error ding and takes me back to the log-on screen.

What can I do?! I really need this laptop right now!

I can boot into Safe Mode if that helps

If this is an illegal thread, please can someone PM me the answer, this is crucial!
    Last edited by Vamp; 04-18-2006 at 08:11 PM.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Get Windows XP Corporate edition already.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Problem sorted. Hopefully.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    I don't really think people should be giving you advice on how to get round security software on an internet filesharing forum. That sort of thing attracts attention.

The question itself is bad enough, but if people start to actually tell you how to do it then that's probably illegal.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Well, can XP be legally authenticated on more than one PC? (If one registration if over the net and one is over the phone) or is it strictly one copy per PC?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    Well, can XP be legally authenticated on more than one PC? (If one registration if over the net and one is over the phone) or is it strictly one copy per PC?
    nope. 1 per PC.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Thats a bit shit, if someone owns the disc they should be entitled to install it on as many pcs as they like and if ms dont like it it should be down to them to prove its not your pc, tut no wonder theres so much filesharing going on

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    Thats a bit shit, if someone owns the disc they should be entitled to install it on as many pcs as they like and if ms dont like it it should be down to them to prove its not your pc, tut no wonder theres so much filesharing going on
    I've read somewhere that if you replace more then X hardware parts you need to buy a new windows key.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    I've read somewhere that if you replace more then X hardware parts you need to buy a new windows key.
    Replacing the Motherboard will do it.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze
    if you ask them (M$)....you don't o0wn the software, you didn't buy the software
    you bought a license
    read the EULA
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast