Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Bush Handed A Subpoena by RIAA

twisterX's Avatar Poster
    [news=http://p2pnet.net/story_images/8546.jpg]p2p news / p2pnet: RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) chieftain Mitch Bainwol today hand-delivered a p2p file sharing subpoena to US president George W. Bush, say sources.

George W. has been video-taped openly admitting he plays music by The Beatles on the BushPod.

The Big Four Organized Music cartel's RIAA is now after him for stealing copyrighted downloads.

"We have to be seen to be scrupulously fair," says Bainwol. "We've subpoenaed more than 18,000 men, women and children for doing the same thing, so we can hardly ignore Predent Bush's transgressions, even if he is our leader."

Recordings by The Beatles are sacrosanct and the remaining Beatles have only just agree to allow the band's works to be posted online.

You can see the Sky.com video of Bush admitting that he's a file sharing thief here, and just to be safe, we also have a copy here.

Source: http://p2pnet.net/story/8546[/news]

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    GW is a huge country fan i guess.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    I wouldn’t put it past the RIAA to do something like this. LoL

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    I knew there was something I liked about him.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    if you're a bush fan, it'll give u legit reason to download. lmao

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Did I miss something here or is just having music on your iPod considered stealing as well?

I didn't hear him say he downloaded the mp3's or anything.

hmm...asspie

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Beatles stuff hasn't been put online legally yet, and last year the RIAA said ripping a CD you legally own onto your computer/ipod is illigal. If he didnt download it legally he either illigally downloaded it or ripped it from a legal CD, both methods are considered illigal.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    Did I miss something here or is just having music on your iPod considered stealing as well?

I didn't hear him say he downloaded the mp3's or anything.
    Eggzacklee.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Beatles stuff hasn't been put online legally yet, and last year the RIAA said ripping a CD you legally own onto your computer/ipod is illigal. If he didnt download it legally he either illigally downloaded it or ripped it from a legal CD, both methods are considered illigal.
    I actually understand some of the RIAA's points but that is fucking ridiculous and they can suck much dick.

I'd like someone to post where the RIAA says I can't rip my own CD to my mp3 player.

Last time I checked, mp3 players were not just made to get downloads off the internet.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast