Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: uTorrent vs. Azureus

Right of Right
    I think we're talking semantics on the Azureus resources; it's the Java thing that officially shows up as hogging memory, so that's what your task manager will reflect. I switched to uTorrent last year, and ain't looked back; admittedly, I don't have too many "advanced" requirements, but damn.

And people who say "a good system should be able to handle . . ." are missing the point IMO. Should ain't got nuthin' to do with it. And practically speaking, if you run Azureus, but also run (an untweaked) Firefox and something like Photoshop, you're maxing out a 512 MB chip, and encroaching on the same on a GB of RAM. That's unacceptable.

Photoshop earns its monopolization of resources; Azureus (per Java) does not.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    Stupit Geek
    I tried Bitcomet, Azu, uTorrent, ABC, BitTornado etc,and currently I'm using and sticking to uTorrent. Its light and easy to use. Does the job well, as well as having protocol encryption

Kinson.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    I have tried bitcomet, azureus, bittornado, but I like utorrent most because of its features and it takes very little resources

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Utorrent=hardly any resources=protocol encryption which=utorrent owns azureus.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Started out with BC, loved it until everyone banned it, switched to Azureus, wasn't really impressed. Finally gave utorrent a try and its definitely given me hours of enjoyment.

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    I'm currently an Azureus user, but all this talk of uTorrent really has me thinking of giving it a try. Thanks for all the discussion!

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by ladida68
    Quote Originally Posted by forteagle
    are they still upgrading utorrent?

azureus is open source and more features that utorrent.

those who say azureus is a resource hog or cpu hog - either have a slow computer or do not have azureus setup correctly.

az uses 1 percent of my cpu and 144k of memory.
    So quick to judge. For me, Azureus will take up 100+MBs cause I'm milking it for all it's worth.

I switched from Azureus to uTorrent for this reason and I was pleasantly suprised. I do have a problem though that nobody has mentioned. (this happened after my XP Pro laptop died and went to the Home Edition, otherwise it's pretty much the same, just a little upgrade) My computer slows way down because of uTorrent. I get a Disc Overloaded 100% notification on the bottom middle section. The FAQ says to change the Advanced settings and I've done that but I still get the disc overload. My question is: What are the best settings when you're downloading/uploading about 50 torrents at a top speed around 150k?

Thanks for any help!

Of course your computer is gonna slow down when you are doing that it doesnt matter what client you use.

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    yorkshire lad
    god 50 torrents at a time i find it hard to find 5 things that i want to download, no wonder yr comp is slow, all i can say is try downloading less at a time if yr only 150k download speed 5 to 7 will do mate that should max it out

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    LinkS v2.0's Avatar LinkS BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Azureus never had a problem with it 1-2% cpu usage and 20-60 mbs of memory is not that bad....

I liked utorrent when I was a noob that didnt know how to do advanced stuff that azureus allows you to do

IMHO
    utorrent for people who are new to bittorrent
    Azureus for those who are more experienced
    Mr Angry

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    i prefer utorrent its simple and small

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast