Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Female Rapper

I don't really know any besides the mainstream-ish ones so thats all I have but im sure someone will post good ones I can check out.

I think the best female rapper is Eve.
    Queen Latifah has umm really unique rap too.
    Missy E is ok in 4 My People and a couple others but most of her stuff is too weird/perverted.

2. Music   -   #2
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Lady Of Rage was good on The Chronic, but I haven't heard much from her recently. She is still about though.

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    females cant rap imo

fuck Derby County

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    sadly i have to agree with him ^ i haven't heard a female who can rap lately but that one girl from Chronic 2001 on the song Murder Ink she was decent. but the real known ones aint worth shit like Lil Kim and even Foxy Brown aint worth n e thing even that annoying one i forgot her name but she's from england or some where around there she's the worst cant believe she got a deal for the Chipmunks

5. Music   -   #5
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Actually I agree with you. Lady of Rage and Bahamadia have been the only female MCs I've thought were OK.

6. Music   -   #6
    Jayhawk
    i agree with the females cant rap

7. Music   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Queen Latifah back in the day had some good shit.

8. Music   -   #8
    To say that females cant rap is ignorant as hell. Check out some Rah Digga and you'll find out, havent really heard too many female rappers but there are good ones, Bahamadia has some nice cuts with some SV jd produced beats.

Mainstream girls, Missy is most likely the most lyrically talented. Foxy Brown/Lil Kim aint nothin but eyecandy, not much there, but anyways, open your eyes past the ignorance and maybe you will see.

Peace

9. Music   -   #9
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    I dont know how u rate eyecandy... but i have seen foxy brown freestyle a few times, and she would tear up any main stream rapper out there, when it comes to that... and to me, freestyle is one of top ways to rate a rapper...

sure missy has great production, thanks in part to timbaland... (shes comming on her own too)... but i dont think lyrically shes all that special... kinda of like Dre... who i absolutely love... can drop some beats... but lyrically, hes no NAS, or Biggie...

Lil Kim...i dunno... dont really have an opinion... her shit with Junior Mafia was alright... but she uses her image way too much as a vehicle, and that bothers me.

10. Music   -   #10
    As far as eyecandy im basically just reacting to media's way to depict women provacatively you know? But i've never heard Foxy Freestyle, i'll have to go get me some of it (what i've heard of her wasnt very good. I dont really like when girls be talkin about the whole sex stuff, basically the equivalent to people talkin about cash/cars/hoes, the world doesnt need another cash money member). While you base people's skill off of freestylin, some people's mind's dont think like that. So you cant really base someone completely off of that (look at a poets rough draft of a poem before fixing it to become more poetic) you understand? But i see where your comin from. No negativity based in just post, just statin my mind state.

Peace

Btw good post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast