Thread: New PSP

Poster
    I am getting a new Japanese version PSP (to use in UK).

I would like to be able to play downloaded games (new ones...not old tetris etc.) as well as downloaded movies.

In terms of size....how much does a downloaded game and converted movie take? 1GB or 2GB stick needed?

Now for versions....I'm not very clear what I can and can't do.

If I get older versions, do I get less features? Didn't Sony add web-browser capabilities in an update (2.0?). What versions can I play downloaded games on?

Before you redirect me to google and the search button, I've been looking all day and can only find instructions on what version I need to play tetris and other old games.

Please help!

2. Games   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    You'd need a 1.5 PSP, it's the only firmware that lets you play ISO's, downloaded games. Read around here,

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t116050.html

A lot of your questions could be answered... trust me. If you still have questions that aren't answered in that thread, ask away...
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 04-20-2006 at 08:38 AM.

3. Games   -   #3
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    just like rip said, I would recommend taht you get at least a 1gb stick, enough for a few songs and 2 isos. Movies, Im not too sure of.

4. Games   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    stock it only comes with like a 32mb stick lol

5. Games   -   #5
    zak2210's Avatar The One BT Rep: +4
    I think the sizes of the ISO's are appox 200-500MB, if you are registered to any torrent site, have a look there.

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I would go for a 2 gig u can now buy for under 100 usd and 4 gigs are out I think and they run around 250 usd. Some iso files are around 1 gig now like Daxter and Siphon filter sooo I would really consider a 2 gig so u still have space for music and homebrew and possible a movie.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 04-24-2006 at 11:34 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i would recomment 2gb because some games are around 1.8gb iso files so to be on the safeside 2gb is best.

8. Games   -   #8
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i reccommend 2gb also, ive had psp since first day, and i regret getting a 512 instead of a 2gig